Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Xanax Tuesday......

Yeah...I'm serious. It's already been one of those days. I've already popped a Xanax and I think I may pop another one before the day is over.

On a brighter note, Bluebonnets are already coming up! Gary and I took the back way home last night from my sister's house and they are already blooming on FM 660 between Bristol and Crisp. We also stopped at The Bristol General Store and met the famous Mr. and Mrs. Han that so many people have been telling us about. From what we hear, they make incredible sushi! I know! Sushi from Bristol?!?!?!?! Well, we're going back Thursday evening and trying it out. We took one of their menus and they have a great selection of rolls. I'm kind of excited. I can't believe it. I'm just days away from finding Sushi literally five minutes from my house in the thriving metropolis of Crisp, Texas. Hell Yeah!

In case anyone is wondering, I got sort of chewed out by my husband over my blog yesterday. But - I stand by what I said. I don't think I was being ugly; I wasn't pointing fingers at a particular person and I was just stating my opinion.....which is what he flipped out about. Seriously....I'm wondering if Gray would get so bent out of shape??? :)

So, yeah....I'm being told once again to shut my trap and that just doesn't sit well with me and maybe if I was just going batshit crazy on people, then I'd see his point. And he really did have some valid points - I just don't agree with him. I've certainly learned to stay away from the seriously inflammatory and prickly issues and other than just offering suggestions from time to time, I feel that the criticism that I used to pour on every day has more or less stopped. And why can't I voice any type of suggestions and ideas? People who can't handle alternative views, suggestions and constructive criticism are always going to be on the defensive. I can't help that and I'm certainly not going to shy away from voicing my feelings because of it. I have two kids that cook; that's why I feel the way I do about how junior cooks are treated. I wasn't singling out anyone....I was just stating my opinion about how those divisions are advertised and how I feel that they should be. It's kind of like beverages on the judging table. Beer and/or water. No sodas, no mixed drinks. Beer and water are neutral palate cleansers that don't leave a heavy aftertaste. Sodas, mixed drinks and even wines have a strong taste and they're going to alter your palate. Again....just my opinion. And we all know that if the world ran the way I wanted it to.....LOL.....I'm kidding!

Gary and the Ellis Co. boys are headed to Mens State this weekend. I'm sticking close to home and hanging out with my girl Vicki Sanders Friday night. I think I'm going to perform a Paige Brignon bedroom intervention and go through all of that juicy baby's stuff. She's got so many movies and toys we could take up to school for the pre-k and aftercare kids.

I hope everyone enjoys their day! I am preparing tilapia tonight and I'm really excited about what I'm trying out. I look forward to sharing my recipe tomorrow.

Have a great day...I'll be back tomorrow, spreading my own special brand of kindness and joy!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment