Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cadillac Cowgirl Tilapia in Green Chile Sauce

This was DELICIOUS! It took about 30 minutes to make and that made me even happier! Below is the recipe:

Cadillac Cowgirl Tilapia in Green Chile Sauce

4 Tilapia Filets (I used small ones...but you can use any size)
1 Can Hatch Roasted Garlic Green Chile Sauce
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 Cup Grated Monterrey Jack Cheese, divided
2 Tbsp Butter
6 Oz Peeled and Deveined Shrimp (I used the salad size and thawed out what I needed)
Crumbled Cotija or Queso Fresco Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Rinse the Tilapia filets and pat dry. Salt and pepper the Tilapia filets; you can also season them with onion, garlic and/or lemon pepper as well. (I used onion and garlic granules...from Mild Bill's of course!) Melt the butter in a large non stick skillet and when bubbling, add the Tilapia. Brown on each side for 2-3 minutes over medium high heat. (You're going to finish these in the oven, so don't be concerned if they aren't completely done.) Set aside in a baking dish large enough for all four filets. In a saucepan, combine the green chile sauce, sour cream, 1/4 cup of the Monterrey cheese and shrimp over medium heat. Once heated through, pour over the fish in the baking dish, add the rest of the Monterrey Jack cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and the cheese is melted. Top with crumbled Cotija or Queso Fresco Cheese. I served this with refried black beans and sliced avocados. A Jicama slaw would also be delicious with the Tilapia!

My goal today is to make it the entire day without popping a Xanax. I'll let you know how I do....or don't do :)

Spreading joy and kindness in all that I do.....

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment