Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday, Monday.....

I'm enacting my special force field in hopes that the stupidity and ignorance of Mondays will bounce off of me as it gets close :)

Congrats to all of the chili winners this weekend! Joe Trigo is our new Men's State Champion! Gary got 13th and Mark got 19th - I'm proud of both of them for making final table out of 144 chilis!

I had a fantastic weekend. I sold two of my trailers, I had a wonderful time relaxing at One Fine Day and I enjoyed delicious sushi Saturday night. I even squeezed in a little retail therapy this weekend, too! I didn't get around to cleaning Paige's room, but I at least got what I needed to load up movies and toys and reorganize her room. She had a great time at Gammy's....of course! She made sopapilla cheesecake squares for Daddy for his birthday. We also bought him a red velvet cake. We were all so tired last night so after dinner, we got in bed and watched a little TV and were asleep by 8:30. Actually, Paige and I were tired....Lord Brignon was hungover :)

I've always wanted to try Pasta Carbonara...the tradition Italian comfort food dish. Because of my egg allergy, I've stayed away from it because I didn't want to have the asthma attack from hell. Well, I bit the bullet and made it last night and while I had to take two Benadryl, I was sooo not impressed with the dish! I made it according to the recipe (which was a good one), but I just didn't care for it at all. Gary loved it, but I wasn't feeling it. I don't know if I'm going to try it again, maybe use a different recipe, or modify it a little...but I was so disappointed. I wanted to love it. Damnit......

I bought shrimp last night (I was going to add it to the Carbonara, but forget), so I'm going to do something with it tonight for dinner. Not sure what I'll come up with, but I hope it's better than last night's meal!!

Have a great day. I'm going to finish up on some things for our tax return and try and survive Monday. Good luck with that, right?!?!?

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment