Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fried Rice, My New Boyfriend and Birfalizing.....

I've been craving Chinese food the past few days. The Wall is no longer open in Ennis and it's a pain in the ass (not to mention expensive) to go to PF Chang's in Arlington. So, I took matters into my own hands and made my own fried rice. It was very delicious and very easy - my favorite kind of meal!! Below is the recipe:

Cadillac Cowgirl Fried Rice

2 Cups cooked Chicken, Shrimp or Beef (I used a combo of chicken and shrimp)
4 Cups cooked Jasmine Rice
4 Eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 Cup Onion, chopped
3 Green Onions, chopped
3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
1 Cup Frozen Peas and Carrots
1 Tsp Grated Ginger (more or less to your taste)
3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil, divided
Soy Sauce, Salt and Pepper

In a large non stick skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of oil over medium high heat. Add the 2 cups of chicken, shrimp or beef and saute for a few minutes; add the garlic, onions, green onions, peas and carrots, the grated ginger and turn the heat to medium low and cook until the onion starts to become tender and the peas and carrots are thawed out, but not mushy. Remove contents of the skillet to a large bowl and keep warm. Add another Tbsp of oil to the pan and add the beaten eggs; allow them to cook and sit over medium heat. Slowly break them apart and when close to done, remove them to the same bowl as the veggie/meat mixture. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet and begin cooking the rice. Stir the rice to coat all of it with the oil, then allow it to cook undisturbed for a few minutes so that it can become crispy, but don't let it burn! Add the veggies, meat, and eggs back to the skillet, season with salt, pepper, and soy sauce and stir to coat. Adjust the seasonings to taste and serve with pot stickers and egg rolls. Enjoy!

I've recently begun seeing someone....his name is Gray....

Gray Brignon :)

OMG...his name was misspelled on his TICC jacket and he isn't going to have it corrected. So I've been telling him that it's like sleeping with two men and not cheating....LOL!!! Sorry, I've got to get my kicks where I can! He thought it was kind of funny, too. But yeah, when I opened up the box with his jacket in it, I almost fell over when I saw the name. And of course the unbelievably personable individual handling the jackets was soooo helpful....not. So yeah, he's just going to keep the jacket, misspelled name and all!

Paige has decided that Gilbert needs a girlfriend. She thinks that if he has a girlfriend, they can get married and wait for it.....

BIRFALIZE AND HAVE BABIES!!!!!!!

I told her "Hell No!" We are not going to have a houseful of guinea pigs. If she thinks Gilbert needs a friend, then he can have a boyfriend, but we aren't going to be birfalizing no babies at our house. We have enough pets as it is. Speaking of pets, Fred is doing pretty good. He's lost some of the excess weight and his hair is growing back. Yay!

Paige is so cute. She develops crushes on her Bubba's friends. One of them spent the weekend at the house and she was enamored by him. She dresses up, makes sure he eats breakfast and gazes adoringly at him. Oh God....we are soooo screwed :)




I bought a new HP laptop Friday. I'm just waiting for my IT guy to load all of my accounting software and email on it and I'll be good to go. It has a very large screen and a very nice keyboard. I'm having trouble finding a case for it that isn't being shipped from Hong Kong, though. I even looked for a Gucci laptop bag, but they don't have anything that will carry a 17 inch laptop. Damnit.....that kind of makes me sad.

The female dachshund that Eddie was supposed to breed with has yet to go into heat. I'm afraid Eddie and Waylon are going to have their little cajones cut off before they get to reproduce. If anyone knows of a cute female dachshund in need of a hot weenie, er dog, then let me know :)

What's this I hear about the money from the Calcutta and Cooks Pot at Texas Open??? Can anyone tell me what all the fuss is about? I have been given bits and pieces of information, but I don't really know why people are up in arms. Feel free to email me and let me know....

And speaking of email, if you have anything you would like posted on my blog, feel free to send it to me. I'm more than happy to post anyone's opinions, suggestions, comments, questions, and complaints on here.....

Spreading my own special brand of joy and kindness........

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment