Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Conversations with Paige.....

Good Evening,

I'm not sure if these qualify as actual conversations or just Paige being Paige at the most inopportune times. You be the judge!!

We went inside the bank this afternoon and when we were finished, I took her to the bathroom. You walk by the safety deposit room and vault to go to the bathroom and she noticed it on the way out. While we are walking through the lobby, (it was almost closing time, so a few of the girls were by the door to lock it behind us) Paige says, loudly:

"Mommy, that was the money vault. That's where I'd lock people up if I was going to rob our bank."

I swear to God...that came out of my seven year old's mouth. I was MORTIFIED!!! I looked at one of the tellers I know fairly well and I just shook my head and apologized. Thankfully she was laughing pretty hard, so at least I don't have to worry about the FBI showing up at my house later. Jesus!!

We leave the bank and head home. Paige requests Chicken Express for her snack and I figured what the hell. We're in line and Paige asks me if her daddy is at home. I told her no, that he was at work. I then asked her why she was asking and she replies:

"Well, I just wanted to know if I was going to go home and find him passed out in my floor and snoring like I did when I woke up this morning."

I laughed....and laughed....and laughed. Apparently, Gary had a little too much wine last night and when he went in to check on Paige and talk to Gilbert (uh yeah, I don't get that, either), he decided that the floor looked pretty good. So, this morning when Gary's alarm went off at 4 am and woke me up, I couldn't find him. Anywhere. Imagine my amusement when I found him sprawled out on Paige's floor snoring. Just think people, my kid is going to be in therapy one of these days and one of her most vivid memories will be the morning she woke up for school and had to step over her snoring, passed out daddy to get to her closet. Fun times, people, fun times. I look at it like this; a certain therapist is going to be in business for a loooooong time :)

I had BBQ Chicken on the agenda for tonight's meal. So far, I'm on a laundry mission and I don't really see that happening. Paige ate, and I have stuff to snack on. Lord Brignon may be on his own this evening.

Have a wonderful Wednesday...we're getting closer to the weekend. I've got a gift certificate for a massage, so I thought that would be a great excuse to get not only a massage, but also a facial and my hair done on Saturday. I plan on spending most of my day at One Fine Day in Waxahachie....and I don't feel the least bit guilty. People, I was crying and having a nervous breakdown on the side of I20 yesterday. If that isn't grounds for a day at the spa, I don't know what is!!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment