Monday, March 14, 2011

W.T.F.

I had the most wonderful weekend.

Came back yesterday to an alternate universe and I'm still trapped in it today. I hate Mondays. They suck. I wish they'd die of some horrible death and we'd never have another Monday again.

I was involved in some FABULOUS shopping this weekend. Granbury has some very cool stores and I picked up a little something for the hubby, my mom and of course, me! I didn't find anything for the Juicy; guess I'll just have to take her to GameStop.

I am a complete dumbass and didn't take pictures of the other SOTF trailers this weekend. Man...there were some AWESOME trailers! If you've ever wondered why I, along with a lot of sisters, have more than one trailer, come to one of our events. One isn't enough for all of the decorating you will want to do! I'm glad I have more than one trailer. The Cowgirl Cadillac is all original on the interior and I'm not going to stick a bunch of nails in the wall, etc and ruin the wood. I have another one, a 1957 Honorbuilt Roamer that I don't mind doing all sorts of crazy stuff to. I'm pulling it home tonight to begin the renovation process. I've made up my mind to sell my 1976 Scotty and I'm on the fence about the 1963 Scotty I still have. It may be beyond my skill level and need to just be parted out. At any rate, I had a really wonderful time and it was fun to see all of the ladies and their cute, cute trailers!

I went to HEB yesterday and I was so excited. They had Sea Bass! And Rainbow Trout!!! I bought two filets of each and two steaks. We had steak last night and I'm thinking Sea Bass tonight. Mmmmmmm.....I'm in my happy place :)

Here are the recipes from last night's dinner:

Cadillac Cowgirl Ribeyes

2 Thick Cut Boneless Rib Eyes
1 Bottle Allegro Marinade
1 12 oz Can Lone Star Beer
1 tsp Granulated Onion, Garlic, Salt and Pepper, each
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Olive Oil

In a large Ziploc bag, combine the above ingredients and marinate the steaks for 2-4 hours. At least fifteen minutes before you are ready to cook the steaks, take them out of the fridge and let them come to room temperature in the marinade. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a large cast iron or non stick skillet, melt the butter and olive oil over high heat. Once the butter and olive oil are melted and starting to smoke, remove the steaks from the marinade and add each one to the skillet. Sear on each side for 2-3 minutes and then place on the top rack of the 425 degree oven for 5 more minutes. Remove the steaks from the oven and allow them to rest before serving. This method will result in medium rare to medium steaks. Keep them in the oven longer for a more well done steak. Should you want a rare steak, don't put them in at all and just remove the skillet from the stove top and allow them to cook a little longer and rest in the skillet.

I served these delicious morsels of tender beef with an even more delicious side dish of creamed spinach with mushrooms. I was kinda impressed with myself when I tasted this one....hahaha!

Cadillac Cowgirl Creamed Spinach with Mushrooms

1/2 Medium Red Onion, diced
4.5 oz Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms (in the resealable package!!!)
1 Bag Prewashed Spinach
1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
2 Tbsp Butter
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Pepper
Dash of Nutmeg

In a large non stick skillet or dutch oven, melt the butter. Add the diced red onions and saute over medium to medium low heat until onions start to become tender. Add in the mushrooms, salt and pepper and allow the mushrooms to cook and release their liquid. Once soft, add in the spinach and stir it around to coat it with the butter, salt and pepper and allow it to wilt over medium low heat. Once wilted, add the cream and turn the heat up to medium. Stir to combine and let the cream evaporate a bit and then add a dash of nutmeg. I baked a sweet potato for Gary and he had that along with his steak and the creamed spinach. It was a very delicious meal if I do say so myself!

Therein lies the story of my weekend and horrid Monday. Oh! Wait!! I forgot to update everyone on Eddie's studfest! Yes, he and his lady friend made contact! Yes, they did it more than once!!! Let's cross our fingers that all goes well and we have puppies in about nine weeks! How awesome is that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh yeah - one other tidbit of awesomeness. Paige, my little Kung Fu Fighter, placed 3rd in Cada Saturday and 2nd in Sparring. She was the youngest competitor at the tournament on Saturday and considering she's only been practicing Cada for the past few weeks, we are over the moon about her 2nd and 3rd place finishes. Way to go my Juicy of Love and Deliciousness!!!!

I'm gearing up for wine, Sea Bass and the Bachelor tonight. Have a great day....I hope to be back tomorrow spreading joy, kindness and bullshit.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment