Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thursday, Thursday, Thursday.....

OMG...this week is finally over! Yay!!! I am so ready to RELAX this weekend! I finally got everything copied to my laptop, even managed to hook up my printer and I'm back in business! While I've got a few spare moments, I think I'll share a few conversations with Paige......

This conversation took place yesterday after I retrieved the Delicious for school.....

Me: Hey, it's Ash Wednesday. No meat, so how about fish sticks for dinner?
Paige: Yes, I love fish sticks, but the plain ones. I don't like the ones with cheese.
Me: Okay.
So off we go to HEB.......

Me: Alright Juicy, here are the fish sticks. Plain, no cheese.
Paige: Uumm...those don't look like the ones I eat at school.
Me: How are they different? They're fish sticks.
Paige: I like the plain ones.
Me: These are plain. They just have fish in them. There is no cheese in the fish sticks.
Paige: You aren't understanding me. You're not hearing me. I only eat plain fish sticks. Those have white stuff in them.
Me: (Loud and Aggravated by now) THESE ARE THE PLAIN ONES. THE WHITE STUFF IN THE MIDDLE IS THE FISH, PAIGE.
Paige: But those aren't the ones I like.
Me: Which ones are the ones you like?
Paige: The plain ones. Aren't you listening to me?

At this point I threw the fish sticks in the basket and told her they were just like what she eats at school and by God she's going to eat them at the house. Jeez....all of this over friggin fish sticks on Ash Wednesday. And guess what? She didn't even eat them. She opted for scrambled eggs and cheese. But wait, that isn't even the best part of my evening.

Me: Paige, work on your homework while I clean up the kitchen.
Paige: I'm having a hard time with money.
Me: Okay, let's take a look at your worksheet.
I proceed to write out what each coin is worth and help her add up the money. She still isn't getting it. It is her turn to become LOUD AND AGGRAVATED:

"WHY DO I HAVE TO LEARN ABOUT MONEY WHEN YOU AND DADDY JUST GIVE IT TO ME IF I WANT IT?"

Yes, I have created a little monster. I sat with her and went over money, and I also impressed upon her that we are not here to just hand her money when she needs it. I also told her that she would have to learn how to count it. This all made her very tired...between arguing with her idiot mother over fish sticks and the very working class concept of learning about money. I told her she needed to go to bed. Ten minutes later, this is what I walked in on:



That baby was EXHAUSTED!!! She got Gilbert out and he was snoozing with her. I had a panic attack when I walked in. She was passed out and Gilbert's cage was open. I was like, "holy shit...that little bastard is running around in here". But, he was curled up next to his gurl.... :) Sweet babies!

Good luck to to anyone who might be cooking chili this weekend. I haven't looked at a forecast. How's the weather supposed to be? I've got tilapia in the freezer that I'm going to fix tonight. Hopefully it turns out yummy and I can share the recipe!

Have a good rest of the week and weekend everyone! I'm going to take my camper to Coffee Creek RV Resort and hang with the SOTF for the weekend. I would like to leave early tomorrow afternoon and head out there. I'd appreciate T & B Demolition's cooperation :)

Keepin it real........

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment