Friday, March 4, 2011

TGIF!!!!!

Okay, so it's kind of yucky outside but WHO CARES?!?!?!?!?! It's FRIDAY! Thank you Baby Jesus lying in your ghost manger. I am so ready for this week to be over with. Looks like I will be doing a little computer shopping over the weekend. My office computer finally crashed and burned. It had been limping along for quite some time and it finally bit the dust. Paige had free dress and crazy sock day, so she was decked out in one of her Queen of Hearts shirts and owl socks :) She looked so cute and she's excited to go see Rango this afternoon. She told me last night that she was "made to be funny" just like she was "made to suck her thumb"...LOL!

I am so unbelievably ready for warm weather! A few weeks ago when I went to Bulverde I made a point to go through Gruene so I could check out the Guadalupe. I didn't care that the water was probably 50 degrees...if I'd had a toob, my ass would have been floating!! I'm also ready to start tilling and plant my garden, but judging from the forecast, we'll probably have another freeze next week, so I need to be patient. Gary and I have also decided that when Mild Bill's moves from Bulverde, I'm going to have a building ready at our house. He and I both feel that since the intention all along was to have it at the house, it's best to start it out exactly how I want it from the beginning. It's time for me to step away from T & B Demolition. The stress has become almost unmanageable the past two years and unless I want to die of a heart attack before I'm 40, I need to get out of the demo business. I am just so ready to move on and start doing something I love; I no longer love accounting. It's worn me out, worn me down and the demolition industry is not the easiest of the construction trades when it comes to employees and screw ups in general. I'm also ready to quit driving all over creation every day. I am so looking forward to operating Mild Bills from Ennis and the opportunities and possibilities that will come with it!

Which brings me to my next issue....my husband is so scared of my blog! He is convinced that people are going to read my blog, get pissed at me and not buy spices from me. Really? Am I really that outspoken and outrageous? Maybe I'm completely off the reservation, but when it comes to what I say about CASI, I'm just stating my opinion and frighteningly enough, I'm not alone in my views. Are people really that easily offended? They're going to not buy the best spices available because they don't agree with some of my views? And if that's the case - why are they reading my blog?? I mean, I can't stand Rush Limbaugh OR Rachel Maddow. Do I listen to them spew the right wing/left wing political rhetoric and get pissed?? No!! I listen to Mike and Mike and everyone else on ESPN :) True, I get that I don't want to be a polarizing and offensive individual and I could see that if I was going after individuals (which I have before but only because I was super, super pissed and now I take a happy pill, so I think we're safe!!), but I mainly express my views on the CASI organization as a whole and not necessarily about the individuals. Now, I can't help it that a collective group of people make up the BOD and it's their actions (or lack thereof at times) that get me riled up!!

So, am I going to mind my p's and q's and not go batshit crazy on my blog when I get pissed off? Probably. But that doesn't mean I'm going to turn into some robotic Stepford Wife and just nod and smile when I think something is a bunch of bullshit!!! With that said, here we are...March...and still very little change in the world of CASI chili! The CASI website is outdated; there are no current pictures. There's been no uptick in advertising. What do we, as a membership, have to do to get our Board, the people elected to lead CASI, to get in gear and start promoting our organization??? I feel like the cooks do so much - we hold cook offs, we cook chili, we spread the word about what we're doing. There is only so much we can do without the serious and dedicated support of the BOD to advertise CASI on a higher level. I worry that until CASI prioritizes what is important for the good of CASI now and in the future, then we won't have to raise cain about how much is spent on the GP meeting each year - there won't be any reason to have one. Don't hate the player, people...hate the game :) I'm telling the truth here! If anyone wants to see CASI succeed, grow and prosper - it's me! I have a vested interest in the success of CASI and it's chili cooks! But, I'm only one person and can only do so much from my keyboard that is attached to my barely alive computer. It's going to take all of us to work together and stand together to make a difference!

Have a great weekend and if you're cooking chili, steal some points :)

Spreading my own special brand of kindness and joy....

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment