Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hello Tuesday!

Greetings and Salutations!!

I have been craving sea bass for the past few weeks and I went to HEB yesterday in hopes that they would have it. They didn't, so I ended up with Mahi. I'm not a big Mahi fan, but it was pretty good. I served it with asparagus and couscous. Here is the recipe:

Cadillac Cowgirl Herb Crusted Mahi

2 Mahi Filets
1 Head Roasted Garlic (recipe below)
Handful of Parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp each Chives and Rosemary, chopped
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Telicherry Pepper

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. On a sheet pan, lay the Mahi over a drizzle of olive oil and score it with a knife (1-10 usually works for me...kidding!!) In a bowl, combine the roasted garlic cloves, parsley, rosemary, chives, olive oil, salt and pepper. Using a spatula, spread the mixture over the Mahi Filets and allow to marinate for 30 minutes. After marinating, place in the 425 degree oven for 10 minutes. Turn the temperature down to 400 and continue to bake until the fish flakes with a fork. I start the fish out on the top rack so that it gets a nice crust and then move it to the middle rack to finish cooking. You can use any white fish for this recipe, but keep in mind thinner filets may overcook - so stick with Mahi, Halibut or Sea Bass. Enjoy!

Roasted Garlic

1 head of Garlic
Olive oil

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Lay a whole head of garlic on it's side and slice off the top. Place the garlic with the cut side up on a piece of foil large enough to cover the garlic completely. Drizzle olive oil over the garlic, wrap it up in the foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven, open up the foil and allow it to cool. When the garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze the roasted cloves from the shells. Use as a paste for chicken, fish, beef and even bread. Feel free to combine with olive oil, salt and pepper and herbs to marinate whatever cut of meat or fish you are preparing.

I have to make a list of all the things I need to get done this week. It's time for a laundry intervention, a trailer cleaning and we've got to pull up the bedroom carpet in preparation for my wood floors. HELL YEAH!!! The boys came home yesterday from the puppy hotel and they were WORN OUT!!! They stayed downstairs with the big dogs this time and they got to run the yard and get all of that extra energy out! I think we are going to cook at the Elks Lodge this weekend (2 pm turn in - YUCK), but the weather is supposed to be nice so it should be fun. The Tejano Brothers are playing at Rockett Cafe Sunday, so Gary has already made plans to go see them. I think that I'm just going to load up the laundry and take it to the place in Waxahachie by Paige's school. I hate laundry. HATE LAUNDRY. It's evil. I don't even know why I have such a nice laundry room. I don't use it. It goes to waste. I think that I should sell my washer and dryer and turn it into an office.

I guess I'm going to get some work done. I keep putting off the inevitable phone call to Lenovo about my computer. Instead of dealing with it, I think I'll go to Neiman Marcus and buy a new pair of sunglasses. Mine broke Friday afternoon and I could use a new pair. I love Gucci sunglasses but they kind of don't last long. My Dollar General sunglasses last forever, though :) I'm just looking for an excuse to get out of the office and not deal with my craptastic computer, the piles of files (oh I rhymed!) on my desk, the insurmountable task of year end and a dozen other bullshit issues that continue to age me faster than normal. With that said, I'm outta here!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment