Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I NEED A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greetings and Salutations! Today is Ash Wednesday. I hope everyone got their fill on Fat Tuesday. We went to Pappadeaux for lunch and then Paige and I went to St. Thomas in Ennis for Gumbo last night. I have once again given up carbohydrates for Lent, so the next 40 days will be full of carb free recipes :) I'm actually looking forward to cooking more and being mindful of what I'm giving up and praying for during the Lenten season. It's not so much about not eating bread as it is making a promise, keeping it, and thinking about how keeping your word is important in so many aspects of your life. I'm also going to focus on giving myself something each day as well, and no...I don't mean spending money, either! Or anything else...so get your minds out of the gutter!!

Today I'm a little farther along in my quest to copy everything from my craptastic PC to my new laptop. I've got my email set up and I've been able to copy all of my documents as well. Right now Quickbooks is doing it's install thing on my laptop, so I'm getting closer and closer to world domination. Or at least close to finishing up on our books for the year :) I'm soooo far behind it's not even funny. I don't know what I'm going to do when I finally get everything over to the CPA. Probably go on a three day bender or something like that!!

I hope that there isn't some weird dog advocate group perusing the Internet that will have me arrested over these:




Seriously - I'm not trying to exploit them. They're hot dogs...get it...weiners..."hot dogs". But yeah - these boys are very close to losing their ability to reproduce so if any of you know anyone with an attractive, registered female dachshund, please - GIVE THEM MY INFO!!!!! These boys are too cute not to have babies, so I'm giving them as much time as I can before I really turn them into Mama's boys!! Eddie has been very bad the past few weeks. He's taken to growling at us when we ask him to get out of bed in the mornings. I swear to God...I'm not kidding. He likes to sleep in and after he's had his morning meal and backyard time, he likes to get back in bed under the covers and rest. This bad behavior is primarily Gary's fault - he spoils him. And, when I try to tell Gary what Eddie has done, Gary picks him up and loves on him and accuses me of being mean....JESUS!!!! WTH is wrong with us?!?!?!?!

I wonder if Gray would behave this way with the animals?? LOL

Paige gave up muffins for Lent. She told me that there was no way she could give up her DSi because she would "go crazy in the head." Her words, not mine! I wonder if I could get her to give up ridiculous, cheesy poses for the camera?


Uuuhhh....probably not!!!


Alright...I better get out of here. My QB has finished installing so I can now map my Q drive to my laptop and hopefully start working on real stuff. Because, you know, blogging, griping, gossipping, shit stirring and instigating are probably not considered real work. Wait, isn't that what the Huffington Post, People.com, TMZ and Perez Hilton all do for a living????? Man....I'm in the wrong business!

Have a nice Ash Wednesday :)

K

No comments:

Post a Comment