Thursday, September 30, 2010

Yay Thursday!

Good Afternoon!!

How is everyone doing this fine day? I can't believe the work week is almost over....I'm ready for the weekend! How many of you are cooking chili this weekend? We have two cook offs in the DFW area this weekend - Irving VFW and Lewisville. Hallsville is also having it's annual cook off. I've never been to the Hallsville CCO but I hear it's a really fun one. Stephanie Brockman and I are already planning our snacks for Saturday. We've been busy all week making sure we're going to have enough :). Next weekend is Lake Whitney and that is always a great time! Ellis Co. goes down there and parties in style! We'll be taking the Toy Hauler out (Gary is going on a ride Saturday) for only the 2nd time. Before we know it, we will be packing it up for TICC.

Speaking of TICC, Gary is taking his Harley. I've never been on it with him and I'm starting to think it wouldn't be too bad to take a ride with him through Big Bend. I've never been to Big Bend and I think it would be worth the trip. Maybe we can find me a leopard or pink skull helmet before we go? I think that would be hot....LOL! (I sound like Paige!)

Oh Paige.....girlfriend got the golf cart stuck last night. She and her sissy were out riding around in it and it was P's turn to drive. She drove it all right...straight up a hill and got the damn thing stuck. Daddy had to get the 4 wheeler and drag it off the hill. She was still trying to blame it on Zoe this morning...she won't admit she did it even though we all know she was driving it! She has a belt test tomorrow evening - she'll be going for her orange stripe belt! Paige has done such a great job in Karate and she loves it. We're so proud of her!

I am a candle/Scentsy/tart burning freak! I went a little crazy with the Scentsy bars and bricks, so I'm okay in that department. I have tart burners, too (the ones you use a tealight inside of) and the best tarts are either Yankee Candle or Tyler Candle brands. I think Yankee Candles are overrated and overpriced, but their tarts are well worth it! Tyler makes great candles and tarts - even if they're a little pricey. But, my favorite candles by far are Root Candles. They are made in Medina, OH. You can buy them at Bella Misty in Waxahachie (only place I personally know of - there may be others) or online. Bella Misty has a pretty good selection, but I tend to order online so that I have more options in the sizes. I must warn you - they are expensive by most candle standards, but they are so worth it! They're soy candles and they smell unbelievable and last for months! The Ginger Patchouli is my absolute favorite....I LOVE it! They also have a great Apple candle as well. Like I said, they do cost more, but they last a long time and you totally get your money out of them! If you want to peruse their website, the address is http://www.rootcandles.com. Happy shopping!!

I'm loving the fall weather that finally decided to make an appearance! I made a pot of soup for my in laws last night and turkey burgers are on the menu for this evening! Yay!!! I finally get my turkey burger! I'm making shrimp dip for snack time Saturday, so I'll share that recipe after I make it again...I don't make it very often and will have to dig out my recipe. We'll be home Sunday so I'm going to have something delicious on the menu to also share with everyone Monday. I'm thinking about doing either a pork loin with rosemary, garlic, lemon and horseradish...or braising a pork butt roast in beer with lots of root vegetables and herbs. Maybe I'll make both!

Spreading my own brand of joy and kindness.....

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment