Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday Ramblings....

Good afternoon! I've survived the Work Comp Policy audit and I'm gearing up for the General Liability audit on Thursday. Between now and then, I have to finish our monthly billings, and do payroll. I HAPPILY gave up payroll three years ago when Jeannie started working for us. I don't think I've done it the entire time she's been here. I wonder if the guys would wait for their checks until she gets back next week???

Sooo....I finally got a response regarding my rant last week. I'm still debating whether or not to even blog any more about it. I've always struggled between writing off some of the Directors as bobbleheads and believing that they really are trying to make a difference and do a good job. Right now, I don't have a whole lot of nice things to say about the individual responsible for maintaining open communication between the Board and the membership. I guess this is where I fight to keep my fingers from getting me in a lot of trouble. I'd love to go off and just start typing everything that is swirling around in my mind. I know I'd feel a lot better; but, I'm not convinced I'd create anything positive by saying what I REALLY think.

I received the typical, in my opinion, bullshit response to my questions, concerns and comments. I was told how people were "delighted" to get new areas...yet conspicuously absent from the glowing report were the opinions of those that weren't contacted prior to the realignment. I'm still curious to know if the Rose City Pod was ever asked how they felt about losing the county they're located in. I doubt John and Blu Daniels were "delighted" by that move. Oh, and a policy is being put in place to make sure cook offs are accepted by the RR before being scheduled. Uhhh...HOW LONG have we been asking for this "procedure"? I guess it can only come to fruition when it's a certain someone's idea......another "I" for a future campaign speech, I guess. I also have serious concerns about the power of the ED. Why is someone charged with being a liaison between the Directors and Members in a position to arbitrarily change procedures and shape their own job description? That seems like such a conflict to me. Yes, I know...the GP's voted to re-elect the current ED. Still, it just seems antiquated to give that kind of power to the people (or person) in charge of enforcing the rules.

This bothers me on another level, too....and you all must have known I would eventually "go there". I give money to CASI - not just as a cook but as a sponsor. Why doesn't my opinion matter? Shouldn't the perspective of someone trying to support your organization with their money get a little more than some b.s. response? This is all very frustrating to me. It's even more frustrating when I feel like I'm holding back for the sake of NOT being classified as negative. I mean, isn't that how most of us who run our mouths about CASI are viewed by the Board?

I'm sure I'll eventually find a way to say what I want to say in a not so inflammatory manner. I hope I find it real soon because I'm starting to lose a lot of blood from biting my tongue so hard :)

Oh well, you know the old saying - time flies when you're having fun. Here's hoping that the next two years buzz by.......

Keepin it real......

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment