Thursday, September 9, 2010

This and That....

Good Morning! How about those twisters yesterday afternoon?? My husband was beside himself...pulled over on the side of the road, taking pictures, calling everyone he knows! We love this kind of weather and he was OUT OF CONTROL! It wasn't too bad at our house since Fred never tried to break in. That's how we know the weather is bad or is about to get bad - Fred tries to bust in through the back door and windows. Our tube shoot was running good, too....we could have grabbed our tubes and floated in the Brignon River yesterday!

I think I'm going to return my new CrackBerry. I kept my Bold, so I'm just going to go back to it. I was so excited about the new Torch, but it just isn't that great. It's like BlackBerry wanted to compete with iPhone and they just kind of made this hybrid BlackBerry/iPhone without really making sure it would mesh. I'm not a big fan of the keyboard on the screen and I could care less about most of the apps. I also hate how I have to send my pictures to Facebook now and they always post sideways. If you're a BlackBerry fan and want something like an iPhone, then this would be the ideal phone for you. If you love your BlackBerry because it's a BlackBerry, then stick with what you've got and pass on the Torch (OMG check out that totally unintended pun!!!). I'm a CrackBerry girl...so I think I'm just going to stay with the Bold...it's a CrackBerry through and through....

Is everyone ready for football??? I'm so excited!! Minnesota at New Orleans tonight. I hope the Saints kick the Vikings ASSES!!!! And then it's on for Sunday...all day baby!!! This is my favorite time of year. I can get up on Sunday mornings, put dinner on to cook all day and then watch football and putter around the house. It's almost time to start cooking chili again, too. I guess everyone's getting pumped up about TICC. I am looking forward to Whitney because that's kind of an Ellis Co. weekend party, and then Cleburne the following weekend. It'll be nice once the weather cools down and it's fun to be out in it again.

The Cowgirl Cadillac will be finished today. The paint job is complete, now my mom is finishing the cushions. It looks so good inside and out and I can't wait to take her out for a trip. I think I'll take her to Cleburne since I'll be there all weekend. Next up is PussyWillow Rose. She just needs a new coat of white paint on the exterior; the turquoise looks great. I think I'm going to pull out the front kitchen and remodel the inside. I need to pull the trailer to the office and start working on it. I've pretty much given up on the other Scotty that needs so much work. If you or anyone you know wants a serious project, let me know :)

So I bought Gary an Cajun Injector Smoker for Father's Day. I also bought him an electric turkey fryer because I did not remember that he had bought and USED one Thanksgiving to fry our turkeys. I have no recollection of the events that occurred between November 20th-mid December as a result of my concussion. But anyways, I bought this smoker and we've been using it a lot. Gary is a fan of rubbing his meat...LOL!!! Sorry, I just had to say it like that. But yeah, he's into rubs and sometimes they work (ribs) and sometimes they don't (pork loin - too much). So we smoked the rubbed too much pork loin on Monday and it came out very tender, but the rub was just a little overpowering. I also made potato salad, baked beans and shoepeg corn casserole. I'm going to share the baked beans and corn recipes. This was the first time I made baked beans from scratch (sort of) and they turned out great. Enjoy!

Cadillac Cowgirl Baked Beans

4 Cans Pork and Beans, drained
1/2 Small Red Onion, diced
1 Small Bell Pepper, diced
6 Slices of Bacon, diced, lightly browned and drained
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Ketchup
3 Tbsp Spicy Brown Mustard
4-5 Dashes Worcestershire Sauce

Combine all of the ingredients in a 13 x 9 casserole dish, cover and bake for 1 1/2 in a 400 degree oven.

Gammy's Shoepeg Corn Casserole

2 Cans Shoepeg Corn, drained
1 Small Can Diced Green Chiles, drained (drain off as much liquid as you can without losing a lot of the chiles) Use two cans for a little more oomph :)
2 Cups Milk
1/2 Stick of Butter, softened
4 oz Cream Cheese, softened

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Pour the corn and green chiles in a greased 2 quart casserole dish. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, cream cheese and butter until smooth and heated through. Pour the mixture over the corn and green chiles, stir to combine and cover with foil. Bake the casserole for 35 minutes covered; uncover and bake an additional 5-8 minutes.

We'll be heading to Salado in the morning. From what I understand, there has been a lot of flooding down there. I'm not really surprised. Salado is in a pretty low lying area and tends to flood. Safe travels to everyone heading that way.

I'll be blogging from the meeting...unless I'm asked not to. Then I'll just turn on my recorder and blog when I get home :) Haha!!

Also - please keep Lisa Duggan and her family in your prayers. Her mother suffered a stroke earlier in the week.

Keep it real, folks!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment