Monday, September 20, 2010

State Fair Results!!

Good Morning! This is going to be a quick post and I'll do my best to post throughout the week. Jeannie is on vacation this week and it's billing week, plus I've got two insurance audits, and a host of other things to do! I'll make it, though....I always do :)

I want to say thank you to everyone who cooked at the Fair yesterday. Yes, I know it's the weekend before the Fair even opens. And yes, I'm fully aware that it's late in the year and not only do people not want to melt in the heat, they don't want to be accused of stealing points from people who need them. To those people, I say, "B.S."!!! Yes, it's hot - this is TEXAS! And get over yourselves on the point stealing - the charities we support suffer when those who are already qualified stay home! This is the State Fair CCO - you could potentially win a BLUE RIBBON! How cool is that?!?!?! I talked to a lot of people yesterday who want to see the cook off held during the Fair; I hope we can all get it worked out so that it will happen next year. Still, all of the cook off entrants received a ticket and parking pass to the Fair when it opens this week! Now for the results:

State Fair CCO
23 Chilis Judged

1. Ron Barnes - Euless, TX
2. Kelly Brignon - ELLIS Co. :)
3. Kelly Killingbeck - Euless, TX
4. Gary Brignon - ELLIS Co.
5. Ray Calhoun - ELLIS Co.
6. Sam Roberts - Arlington, TX
7. Charles Breeden - Alvarado, TX
8. Mike Rogers - ELLIS Co.
9. Roger Foltz - Dallas, TX
10. Tom Dozier - Irving, TX

Show Winners:

1. American Legion - Karen Ducote
2. The Big Texian - Jack Balderson
3. Grand Prize Chili - Ray Calhoun

Have a great day everyone....and no, I still haven't received a response to the email I sent last week.

Spreading kindness and joy in ALL that I do :)

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment