Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I Heart Fall, My Puppies, Goats, My Purse, My Bracelet and Other Musings.....

Ah!!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this weather! I know it's supposed to warm up some, but these nice, cool temps are wonderful! This is my most favorite time of year. Last night someone was actually burning a fire. Gary came in the house and told me and I said, "Of course! It's 68 degrees outside - people are FREEZING!!" For the record, I wait until we have temps in the high 50's before I start burning a fire...I'm a little less dramatic....LOL!!

I'm looking forward to Canton with my Mom this Friday. I'm going to be looking for outdoor Halloween and Christmas stuff as well as a few more pics to hang in my kitchen. OMG!!! Gary and I ordered a picture of Hank III sitting at a bar with a bottle of Jack Daniels. I need to get a frame for it and hang it up somewhere in my house where it will be in a place of prominence :)!!! I'm good on Scentsy candles, so I think I can steer clear of them for awhile. I love how the house has come together since we redecorated. It looks really good!

After scouring thousands of bracelets, and wasting hours and hours of my life trying to locate a replacement for my green turquoise bracelet, I actually found a few that were pretty damn close and would have been suitable replacements. The problem with shopping for something to replace an item that's sentimental is that you don't really get a feel for it...does that make sense? So even though I found a few that would do the trick, nothing really grabbed me....until Friday. We went to the Fair and lo and behold, there was a Native American jewelry dealer set up. They had some BEAUTIFUL pieces! I looked, I tried on....I browsed and I walked off. I walked around a little bit longer and then went back. I went back to a White Buffalo Turquoise bracelet with three stones. It had caught my eye when I saw it the first time, but I wanted to walk around and think about it. I went back and tried it on and of course it fit perfectly! I LOVE it! Gary also bought me a ring with Crazy Horse Turquoise that is absolutely beautiful. Even though it's not green turquoise, the bracelet is perfect and I'm so glad I bought it. I went on the company's website and read about the couple who own it. They have rescue dogs and make charitable contributions to different animal rescue/welfare groups and non profits. That made me even more happy that I purchased my bracelet and ring from them!



Prior to going to the Fair, I was reunited with another love of mine, my Gucci Satchel. It had been at the purse doctor for a strap repair. I picked it up Thursday afternoon and promptly crammed all of my stuff back in it. I love that purse. I've never loved a purse as much as this one. I was so excited to get it back. Isn't that sad? I need help.


Speaking of needing help....MY DOGS!!! OH MY GOD! They are both batshit crazy. We had coyotes prowling around last night and they were hitting the back door trying to get out. Of course, Gary didn't let them go outside - they would have been a delicious snack for the coyotes. I guess the cooler temps sent them looking for food closer to human and canine life earlier in the fall than usual. The boys were worn out from their guard duty and they passed out in Daddy's lap. After a quick power nap, Eddie started cleaning Waylon's left ear (his favorite ear, for some reason), then his face, then his eyes. Then he started cooing at Waylon. Eddie needs to get some action - STAT!!! Waylon basically slept through the entire ordeal. Waylon isn't innocent, not by any means. He tries to get busy with Eddie, too. They're sick, sick little dogs. And they're all mine!!!!!


I spent an hour or so online last night researching goat breeds and feed. I've decided on Nubians and Alpines. I think Nubians are just adorable, for one thing; and two, they're very tolerant of our climate. Alpines are heat tolerant (I sound like I'm talking about plants and trees) as well and also good for milk and cheese. I don't plan to start milking the goats for a few years and will hold off on getting a buck until them. Does do not produce milk until they've reproduced. I did not know that until last night! Gary's working on cleaning up and clearing out the back of our property so that we can get our fence put up and get a few outbuildings for them. We're also going to need to have either a Donkey or Llama for protection. I figure that since I'm already surrounded by so many jackasses, a Llama would be better :) Hopefully by the end of the year I'll have my goats and I can start working with them and learning more about them. Paige wants to enroll in 4H, so this can be a project for her as well. She's been saving her "bunny money" so that she can buy a rabbit. She's named a few of them at Tractor Supply...Gilbert and Flower!

I've got a lot to do this week...mix spices for Saturday, cook a few meals to freeze and have on hand and get to work on some recipes to share! I love this weather because there are so many soups, stews and casseroles to make. I've also got to start planning the 2nd Annual Paige Brignon Halloween Bash! Her Queen of Hearts costume came last week and it is so over the top and perfect! I cannot wait for Halloween!!!

My minions are not taking direction very well today......LMFAO!!!!!

Jeannie states that she is happy with her status on the minion food chain....LOL!!!!

Would I be obnoxious if I walked around with my Red State Fair Ribbon attached to my shirt? I meant to wear it to the Fair on Friday, but I forgot......

Oh! If you go to the Fair, you must try the chicken fried bacon...it is out of this world!!! They also had jalapeno cheese corny dogs...those were pretty good, too.

I'm going to have the Seafood Cobb Salad from Pappadeaux today for lunch. If you haven't had one, you should. It's delicious and has lots of yummy avocados, bacon (not chicken fried), blue cheese, boiled eggs, crab meat and shrimp. I get it with the Creamy Creole dressing. It's sooooo gooood :0)

Still haven't gotten a response.....and just to clarify, I have sent emails to the person I'm referencing in my previous blog postings. I don't just call people out on my blog and not attempt to speak to them directly. That would be childish and passive aggressive and I work very hard at 37 years old to be neither!!

Have a WONDERFUL day! Don't forget that there are a few 1st chance for points cook offs in the DFW area this Saturday. We've got one in Lewisville that's a first time cook off and the VFW cook off in Irving. We'll be at the one in Irving; snacks and bloody marys are on the menu for our group. That's the best part about cooking, right?!?!?! The adult beverages and yummy food we all share!

Spreading joy and kindness in all that I do.......

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment