Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fun with iPhone

Something I can do with my iPhone that I couldn't do with my CRACKBERRY....post on my blog with my phone. Not a bad deal, huh?!? Today was one of those up and down days; busy and productive yet fraught with ignorance, too. We had our usual dumb phone calls as well as more developments in Employeegate. I had to get onto my child numerous times - which hardly ever happens - and it's STILL friggin hot!!!

Yesterday, I weighed in and I've lost another 2.4 pounds. Yay me!!! After my weigh in, I went back to the office for a bit and then raced to pick up Paige. Even though I was running late, I still felt justified in spending an hour relaxing with a pedicure. All of that relaxation went to he'll as I had to haul ass to get Paige and then get home and get ready for dinner at Pappas with my sister. We actually made it there on time, no thanks to me. Enough small talk, let's talk about the insane deliciousness that is Pappas Steakhouse:

Bacon Wrapped Scallops atop a piece of bread drenched in to die for garlic butter
Caesar Salad topped with shaved Parmesan
Filet Mignon Oscar Style with crab and Bearnaise sauce, medium rare and cut like butter
Haricot Vert with Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Crab Mac and Cheese
Creamed Spinach
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake with Peanut Brittle
Cheesecake with Sour Cream Sauce
Hendry Zinfandel from Napa

First of all - we did NOT eat all of that!!! We brought our dinner home. I had my filet and crab Mac and cheese for lunch today. What I didn't finish I shared with my mom. I've still got creamed spinach left but I doubt I eat it. I only gave myself last night and lunch today to cheat :). I brought a piece of Gooey Pecan Pie home for Gary. He loves that stuff. I really liked the wine I had last night. Like Kim before him, Jason our sommelier has an incredible knack for picking out wines that we fall in love with. The Hendry Zin was so much lighter than the zins Gary and I typically drink. Courtney even had a glass and she's not a big red wine drinker. I love trying out new wines and I like it even more when an expert takes the guesswork out of it!!! Another great place for wine advice is Central Market. I love buying wine there because you can ask One of their wine people for a good inexpensive wine in a certain price range and they always hook you up. What they font give you is a bunch of attitude!! Hallelujah!

I made Chicken Parmesan for dinner. I used Panko bread crumbs instead and I liked how it turned out. I went to Walmart because our HEB is a complete ghetto mart now. Walmart sells Heartland brand chicken and what's cool is that within the package, the chicken breasts are individually wrapped. Sooo....if you don't need one of them, it's already in a package and you can throw it in the fridge or freezer until needed.

Cadillac Cowgirl Chicken Parmesan

4 large or 6 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 large eggs, beaten with a splash of milk
2 cups Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 Tbsp dried Oregano
1 Tbsp Garlic granules
2 tsp salt and pepper, each
1/4 cup EVOO
2 jars Marinara Sauce, such as Emerils
1 Lb Spaghetti, cooked per package directions
I cup Mozzarella cheese

Using two separate dishes, mix your dry ingredients in one and the beaten eggs and milk in another. Dip each chicken breast in the eggs and then dredge in the dry mix (Panko, flour, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper). If you want to repeat the process to give it more of a crust, that will work, too. In a large skillet, heat the EVOO. Over medium heat, brown the chicken on both sides and set aside to drain on paper towels. You'll have to do it in batches. Once the chicken is browned, wipe the skillet clean and return to the burner. Place the chicken back into the skillet, pour the marinara sauce over the chicken and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to medium low until chicken is cooked through - about 25 minutes. Sprinkle the shredded Mozzarella over the chicken and marinara sauce, recover and continue to simmer until the cheese is melted. Serve over hot spaghetti with French bread and a salad for an easy meal!

Tomorrow is my Friday thank God!! We leave for Gruene Friday morning. I am soooooo ready!! Charlie better watch out!!!

Keep it real.....

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment