Monday, August 15, 2011

Tales of a Big Easy Adventure - Part I

OMG - it would take DAYS to blog about our Big Easy Adventure! I can tell you this: for the foreseeable future, the recipes I share will have a decidedly Cajun flavor. The food was absolutely incredible. We didn't have a bad meal. In fact, we couldn't get enough of the food - the Gumbo and Red Beans and Rice were completely out of this world. The oysters were just as I imagined...cold and salty and the cocktail sauce had the PERFECT amount of horseradish. To say we were in culinary heaven would be the understatement of the year. My pancreas finally had enough and got a little pissed off at me on Saturday, but other than that, there were no problems.

We saw a Burlesque Show Friday night (well, I was told we did...I remember some of it), saw the Red Dress Runners all day Saturday (that's a whole blog post by itself); spent some time in a Voodoo Shop and came out surprisingly relaxed and refreshed and had yet again, an awesome dinner that night :)

There is NEVER a dull moment in that city and there is always something to do. We loved walking around and taking our time doing whatever we wanted. It was so nice to get away and just spend time by ourselves! We got a little lonesome for The Juicy and the babies, but we really, really had a wonderful time.

I'll be back tomorrow with more tales....but for now - I'll leave you with this:





Spreading my own special brand of kindness and joy......(just like that dude!!)

K

No comments:

Post a Comment