Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happy Tuesday!!

Good Morning! OMG...what a CRAZY Monday. Paige and I went home for homework and dinner before going to karate. While we were gone a transformer and a tree branch got into an altercation and knocked out everyone's power AND started a grass fire! Luckily the VFD's in the area responded promptly and got the damn thing put out. It was extremely close to the house where it started and it would have just continued to haul ass down Chmelar Rd. God, we need rain so friggin bad. I don't like to pray or wish for natural disasters, but a really strong tropical storm in the Gulf of Mexico would be GREATLY appreciated!

Sooo....the proposed Rule Changes for the upcoming CASI Great Pepper's meeting have been posted. There were some interesting reactions on FB yesterday. Now, if I had made those comments, I'd be getting a stern talking to from my husband. I really don't know what to make of the proposed changes and fortunately, I don't have to go to the GPM and listen to the arguing and vote. Something that does concern me involves how the Board is going to "refer to the By-Laws to determine how terms will be decided" since there are four people to fill the four open spots on the Board. Why aren't the GP's still being given the opportunity to vote to determine the terms of the incoming directors. Regardless of the number of candidates, I feel like the GP's deserve the opportunity to vote and let their voices be heard. If anything, scrap the requirement that mandates that you have to vote for all open positions. Let the incoming directors know how the membership feels about them....maybe then they'll realize they've got to work to earn the respect and trust of the membership. Call it a vote of confidence, if you will. Just my opinion, of course :) Again, I'm just thankful that I am not attending the GPM this year. My Juicy has a Karate tournament that weekend and I'm not missing it. I've also got a date with one Shelton Hank Williams III Friday and Saturday night in Fort Worth. HELL YEAH!!!!!!!

Last night, while we didn't have any power, we went to DQ. We took the babies with us. They love ice cream:



The girls at DQ were horrified by my husband and his disturbing display of love for the babies....LOL! They couldn't believe we were getting ice cream for the dogs! They love ice cream time with their daddy. It's so sick......



I'm already thinking about birthday party ideas for Paige. She's mentioned Build A Bear (North Park mall right before Christmas??? HELL NO!) and Chuck E. Cheese (do they serve beer??). We have had her parties at the Dallas Museum of Nature and Science in the past and that's always been fun. I wonder if they have any new party themes this year. I really need to work on this. It's not that I don't want her to have "her" party, I'm just trying to be realistic. I'm just kidding about the Chuck E. Cheese. They don't have to serve beer, but it sure would make it easier...LOL! I don't think it's fair to inflict North Park on people that close to Christmas, so I'm hoping I can steer her in a different direction. Speaking of the Juicy, she's loving 2nd grade. Yesterday, she had to draw her likes and dislikes. Here is what she likes:



Yes, she misspelled my name. I love the Freudian implications. Alright, I have to get back to my bank statements. I'm nursing a hydro hangover and the coffee hasn't kicked in yet. Keep it real folks :)

Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment