Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Big Easy Part II, The Wisdom of Paige, and Other Interesting Observations.....

My child is an absolute gem......

Paige: Mommy, what did you want to name me when I was a baby?
Me: Talulah.
Paige: Why didn't you? Why did you name me Paige?
Me: Well, Daddy didn't like that name even though you're middle name was going to be Paige. He wanted your first name to be Paige. After Jimmie Paige from Led Zeppelin. Paige: Hmm...weren't you the one having me?
Me: LOL...yes....
Paige: Well, then, if you're the one having the baby, then you're the one that names it.
Me: Amen! Paige, you're not going to have a lick of trouble in life. You're going to do just fine :)

Paige is also a little concerned about her Daddy's tattoo. She told my mom that "boys aren't supposed to have them, only girls." And that, "she wasn't sure about coming home because Daddy's tattoo would disturb her." Love that Juicy baby. She starts 2nd grade tomorrow. She's requested a steak and baked potato for her special back to school dinner and waffles and eggs tomorrow morning for her special breakfast.



Paige wasn't the only one on her game when we got home. The boys were completely out of control. If they weren't latched on humping one another, then Waylon was laid out in the floor or on the couch exposing his muffin. They cleaned each other's ears and at one point, gooey slobber was hanging off of Waylon's ear from where Eddie had been licking and gnawing on it. GROSS!!!!! They even got in our shower while humping. I want to call the kennel and ask if they do this all day, but I think I'd be embarrassed to hear the answer!



Alright - back to New Orleans. When we got around to leaving our hotel room Saturday, there were tons of people dressed in red with the little marathon numbers pinned to their shirts. When we got down to the lobby, I walked up to a few of them and asked them what they were running for - I figured it was health related. Boy was I wrong!!! The Red Dress Runners are a part of the New Orleans House Hash Runners - "a drinking club with a running problem"! Yes, I'm completely serious!! This is a running club that raises money through charity by sponsoring various 5k walks and runs around New Orleans. The Red Dress Run is New Orleans busiest weekend second only to Mardi Gras! These people are nuts. They were walking and running at 9:30 that morning and they were STILL partying at 10 o'clock Saturday night. It was unreal - there had to be close to 10,000 people out there. You get a free beer at each bar (in addition to your own stash), plus you can rent balconies and just party all day long. It was the funniest shit we've ever seen. One girl was sitting on a curb alternating between passing out and throwing up (obviously not funny or safe), then you'd have the random guy in a red evening gown trying to take care of a drunk red dress runner passed out on Bourbon Street. It was a trip. Here's a sample...and my personal favorite :) Gary and I are totally going to do this next year. We had so much fun walking around and just people watching. I just couldn't get over the drinking stamina of some of these people. It was unreal!! Being home has sort of sucked :( We miss the food!!! Gary has requested Gumbo and Red Beans and Rice this weekend. Hopefully we can sneak over to Pappadeaux this week for some oysters!





Thank God it has sort of cooled down - I was finally able to go for a short run last night. I had to wait until 8 pm and run home in quasi-darkness, but it felt good to get out and MOVE! I have a little over three months to get ready for the YMCA Turkey Trot Thanksgiving Day. I'm really excited about it!

Here are some more pictures from New Orleans. I got a few good ones:








Any word on more candidates running for the Board? I don't know how I feel about not necessarily having a choice. But, at the same time, if people don't step up and run, then you have to go with what you've got. I'm sure between Director elections and rule changes, this will be an interesting GPM. Gary and I have been working at the Mild Bill's store, getting it ready for it's October 1st Grand Opening! We've got the back painted and will replace the ceiling in the back room this week. Gary's got the ceiling grid primed and ready to be repainted. The front cooler and meat counter has been painted; and I need to paint the wood around the original refrigerator that was installed in 1929. Hell Yeah!!! We also need to start planning for the Mild Bill's Customer Appreciation Party this year in Terlingua. In fact, I could use one of those margaritas right about now!!

Have a great evening and I'll be back tomorrow spreading my own special blend of joy and kindness :)

The Cadillac Cowgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment