Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cadillac Cowgirl Chicken Salad and Other Random Thoughts

Yay - I got to make something last night!!! Granted...it was just a chicken salad, but I've never made one that I was proud of, so last night gave me a chance to redeem myself. Gary wanted either a tuna or chicken salad, so I figured what the hell and bought the ingredients for a chicken salad. I was really pleased with the results and it's almost as good as my mom's. Check it out - it's delish on croissants or the little sandwich rounds :)

Cadillac Cowgirl Chicken Salad

1 Rotisserie Chicken, remove skin and chop/shred the chicken
3/4 Cup Light Mayo
1 tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning (I love Obie Q's and use it)
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1 Stalk Celery, diced very, very fine
1/2 Small Red Onion, diced
1 Small Handful of Parsley, chopped
2 Sprigs Thyme, leaves removed from stem and chopped
Fresh Black Pepper to taste

Remove the chicken from the bone and chop or shred. I don't like stringy chicken salads, so I leave the chicken in fairly good size pieces since they're going to come apart as I mix everything together. In a large bowl, I add the chicken, mayo, lemon pepper, salt, celery, onion and herbs. I mix everything well, take a bite and add fresh black pepper if needed - as well as adjusting the salt if necessary. You can serve this on a sandwich, on a bed of lettuce with other salads, stuffed in a tomato...the list goes on. Bottom line - it's delicious and you'll love it. So make it - soon!!!

OMG...we caught Paige cussing last night. She's been saying "damnit" while she's playing her DSi. She gets frustrated a drops a bomb. We thought we'd heard her a few times before, but she always vehemently denied it. Last night, Gary and I were scrubbing the floor at the store and we BOTH heard her say it. Her explanation:

"Well, my head didn't mean to say it. It just came out of mouth without me knowing what was going on."

Man.....if only I could use that excuse when I open my mouth and shit just flies out :)

So anyways, my child's foul mouth parents had to get on to her about saying damnit. Lord...I felt like SUCH a hypocrite!!! Another reason to feel bad for Paige - she is MORTALLY afraid of being late. I know I've talked about this before, but it's just the funniest damn thing ever. She is constantly looking at the clock and asking what time we're supposed to be somewhere. She told Gary last week that she wasn't going to be late for school at all this year. I told Gary that I'd take care of that...LOL...kidding, kidding. No, seriously, I think it's great that she is concerned about being punctual. She's starting a good habit and I'm proud of her. I just wonder how she ended up that way with two parents who think getting somewhere fifteen minutes late is still "on time"!!!

This morning, T&B is dealing with yet another incident of employee theft. I love my job.

Mr. and Mrs. Liska came by the store yesterday and were just tickled with all the progress we've made. He was so happy to see what all we had done and he couldn't believe how clean we had gotten the wood floors. Between degreaser and Murphy's Oil Soap, the floors look fantastic. After we clean them, we'll seal them. The ceiling is finished in the back, the window unit has been put in and the painting is finished. The middle room needs to be painted, and Gary is doing that tonight. The front is painted and the ceiling tiles have been replaced. The light fixtures and fans need to be replaced and my office needs to be redone. It sounds like a lot, but it's amazing how quickly things have been completed. I can't wait to move in and start selling spices!!! Hell Yeah!!

My sister is taking me to Pappas tonight for an early birthday dinner. It's Restaurant Week, so we get to enjoy the prix fixe menu prices and we can add a few appetizers without breaking the bank. She's not as much of a red wine drinker as I am and while I know John would let me have an entire bottle of wine, I just don't know if I want to be such an obvious wino. Well, at least not there. Jesus, who am I kidding? It's not like I've ever shied away from knocking back a few bottles at Pappas...or anywhere else for that matter!! I'm looking forward to dinner....I weigh in at Jenny Craig today, so I won't feel as guilty eating tonight since I'll have a whole week to work it off.

Speaking of working it off.....I found a treadmill! It's a Gold's Gym treadmill and I'm going to order it online and have it shipped to the house. The weather seems like it's going to return to a bearable temperature, but I think I can get more accomplished with the treadmill. I can run indoors in the mornings and then run outside at night before it gets dark. I'm PUMPED UP!!!

My nails look like ass - I need a manicure. If I can, I'm going to go get my mani/pedi today before dinner. I'm getting my hair highlighted Thursday and I'm thinking I'm going to tell Jeff to put lots of blonde in. My red highlights still look good...so maybe we'll do both and put feathers back in my hair. The ones I had in fell out. Damnit....

Sooo..I've been thinking about what I was going to do for myself when I got to my goal weight and I could never really think of anything that gave me that extra little motivation to get there. Well, I have decided on what I'm going to do. I'm going to finish my right arm and go ahead and have Chris do a full sleeve. I sort of subconsciously committed to it when I got the tattoo on my wrist in New Orleans. I don't think that I want a solid sleeve, so my right arm is the best one to work with since it doesn't go completely around my upper arm and I've got a little more variety in which to work with. I'd like to have more flowers and butterflies and maybe even a few small skulls worked in. Thank God I have Chris because I can walk in, tell him what I want to do, and he immediately visualizes it and makes it happen. And it is always, always perfect. I figure if I'm going to spend the time and money for ink, then I want them to be artwork and not just tattoos. I'm weird like that, I guess. Gary thinks he's going to get more, but I don't know if his kids will let him. Their reactions were so funny. They were shocked, appalled, creeped out (Paige), disturbed (Paige) and actually asked me why I let him do it!!! It's just so funny that mine are no big deal, but all three of them said that their dad didn't look right with a tattoo. Cracks me up!

If you didn't watch the Honey Badger video on my FB wall, then take the time out to watch it. This is the funniest shit ever and the Jesus Christ Lizard video is funny too.....when I need a laugh, I just think of the Honey Badger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg


Spreading my own special brand of honey badger joy and kindness :)

The Cadillac Cowgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment