Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Greetings and Salutations!!!!

What a wild week it's been! I'm writing this from my corner office in hell...aka T & B Demolition. I was unable to extract myself as completely as I had planned, but at least I'm only here part time for a little while longer. I can handle this - I think. Monday was actually a FANTASTIC day! We met with Mr. Stanley J. Liska and got the key to 113 W. Knox Street, had a few celebratory beers and just felt great about our impending move into the old Ennis Meat Market Space. Stanley J. left a smoker for us as well as a deer head in the office...and his old desk for me. Love it! I promised him I would keep plenty of Keystone Light on hand for when he came by to visit. I think he's just as excited as we are :)

My child has become an avid phone user. She knows all of our phone numbers and doesn't hesitate to call one of us and ask when we are going to be home. She's also fond of calling Gammy at all hours. Last night my mom called me and told me that Paige had called her and told her she was hungry, but I was already in bed. WTF???? I asked Paige why she just didn't come get me, and she said she didn't want to bother me!!! My child is on crack. For the record, I had already fed her dinner, but she likes to eat, so I fixed her a grilled cheese sandwich. We went to pay school tuition this morning and Paige is sooooo excited to start school. I am too. I'm all about getting back on schedule. I love summer, but sometimes it's a real beatdown!

I had the best time this past Saturday. I spent the day at a Sister's house visiting with about 27 other sisters, eating delish food, drinking Sangria and hanging out in the pool. For dinner that night we went to a restaurant in downtown Wylie, A Taste of Home, that was very good. I took the Cowgirl Cadillac and stayed at East Fork Park at Lake Lavon near her house so I wouldn't have to drive all the way back home. My A/C unit fit in my window perfectly and my trailer stayed nice and COLD! Sunday night, Gary and I watched an hour long show featuring the ICS World Championship on the Cooking Channel. This was from 2001 and Debbie Eiland Turner was shown quite a bit - she actually won the Last Chance CCO the day before which allowed her to compete in the ICS Championship. All Gary and I could talk about was "why doesn't CASI do something like this for TICC?" Can you imagine the exposure CASI would get if we had a crew from the Travel Channel or one of the cooking channels come out to Terlingua and film for a week? The ICS Championship isn't the week long affair that TICC is and we also have the Tequila Rose BBQ Cook off as well as the Scholarship Day cook offs. Think of the exposure for our SPONSORS as well!!!! I'm sure someone will email me and give me fifty reasons why this will never happen. But, I'm still going to bring it up every chance I get!!

Will this heat EVER GO AWAY??? Maybe if I light a fire in my fireplace, make a pot of chicken and dumplings and turn my heat on, it will scare summer and it'll just go away!!! Maybe? Hopefully? No, I didn't think so!!

I signed up for the Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day. I haven't been running much this past week because it really has been too flippin hot; even late in the evenings. I may have to break down and buy a treadmill so that I can stay on track...get it....hahahaha...I totally didn't see that one coming. Pun intended!

Have a great Hump Day everyone....spread some kindness and joy while you're at it :)

The Cadillac Cowgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment