Friday, August 26, 2011

Hello Friday.....

Good Afternoon!! I am soooo ready for the weekend! Gary and I have thought about cooking tomorrow, but it is just so friggin hot! I'd like to cook in Denton, but I just don't know if I want to deal with 106 degree heat for the hell of it! Paige also has a birthday party tomorrow afternoon, so that might be pushing it. I'm going to play it by ear. We also need to finish working at the store in Ennis, too.

Speaking of Mild Bills, I made a quick trip to Bulverde this week to help make salsa. Always, ALWAYS use the funnel when pouring hot salsa into the jars!!! OMG...I don't know how many times I started to pour it in there sans funnel and had to stop before I scalded myself with tomato splatter! We made a batch each of mild and hot and they both came out great! I brought a jar home for me and Gary. I'm going to use some of it for a breakfast casserole :) If you haven't tried the Jalapeno Relish yet, order some as soon as you can. I can't tell people how much I absolutely love our relish. It's not too hot and it goes with just about anything you could possibly make. Hamburgers, hot dogs, Mexican food, deviled eggs, tuna and chicken salad, on top of pizza...it's just the most amazing condiment EVER!!!! Gary and I love it - you will too! Right now our True to Texas and Gunpowder Foods Chili mixes are buy 2 get 1 free. Now is a great time to stock up for fall.....especially for football, tailgating, parties, etc.

Hopefully this weekend and I can make gumbo or red beans and rice for Lord Brignon! Most places serve both with french bread and I was debating whether or not to foray into the world of bread baking. I have never made bread from scratch because the whole yeast thing freaks me out. But, people do it all the time, so it can't be that hard, right? I guess we'll see....LOL! I've also been thinking of different ways to make chicken here lately. I wonder what other cheese I could stuff inside cheese besides goat cheese? Mozzarella, maybe? Tamara had some Jarlsberg the other night that we snacked on and it was to die for! It was kind of nutty like Gruyere, but I don't know how it would do in chicken. I'd like to come up with a good chicken and garlic dish. Garlic is another one of my obsessions. I really don't think you can ever have too much garlic. It's good for your memory and for fangers, too. But I digress.

"Mommy, even if I give the wrong answer, it's still right. You just asked the wrong question."

Man....when I'm that indignant, I get called names. She does it, and it's precious. The joys of being a kid :)

Paige is still "creeped out" by her daddy's tattoo. She is convinced that only girls can have them. I guess that's what happens when your mom is kind of covered in them. She loves to ask me about them and tell me what she's going to get when she's old enough. I know I shouldn't encourage her, and I don't. But, I don't discourage her, either. I want her to be who exactly who she's supposed to be...no matter what. Isn't that what we're supposed to do as mommies and daddies? Love our kids no matter what choices they make in life...within reason of course. If she turned into a serial killer, I'd still love her. I just might keep it on the down low :)

FYI - Thousand Trails Lake Whitney will NOT be charging chili cooks for their RV sites. They will be free of charge just as they have been in the past. You will still have to pay for cabins, though. The TT Lake Whitney CCO is Oct 8th and 9th this year. I'm looking forward to it....and to cooler weather!!


Have a wonderful weekend and stay cool whatever you're doing!!!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment