Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Teenage Boy Chicken

I bet you're thinking WTF is she talking about???? I've got four teenage boys staying in my house during the week this summer. Tyler and his friends are working for us and I feed them each day. WHOA!!! It's one thing to feed them mac and cheese, sandwiches and ramen noodles when they're over for a weekend, but these boys are HUNGRY at night. Monday night was chicken spaghetti, last night was lasagna and I had to figure out something for tonight that would be enough for all of them. I had a family size package of chicken thighs and a package chicken breasts in the freezer. I thawed them out and came up with my little concoction. You will either need to use two slow cookers for all of it, or divide the recipe. I've got four boys and Gary to feed, so I said to hell with it and used two crock pots so that there would be plenty

Cadillac Cowgirl Slow Cooker Chicken

1 Family Pack Chicken Thighs (about 10-12)
1 Package Chicken Breasts
1 Family Size Can Chicken and Rice Soup
1 Family Size Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Regular Size Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Package Sliced Mushrooms
6-8 New Potatoes
Handful or Two of Garlic Cloves
One Onion, Sliced
Salt, Pepper and Dried Sage to Taste

Divide the chicken up between the two slow cookers. In a large bowl, mix all of the soup together and heat in the microwave. While that is heating up, add the sliced onion, mushrooms, garlic and new potatoes to each slow cooker. Once the soup is heated through, stir to combine and then pour over the chicken and veggies in each slow cooker. Add salt, pepper and sage over the top, cover and cook on low for 7 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes, add a salad, bread and another veggie and DINNER IS DONE!

I've got 1/2 a brisket in the freezer. I think that's coming out tonight to thaw and going in the smoker tomorrow morning. Or, we'll get pizza. I am sooooo excited about my SOTF trip this weekend. I got a new petticoat in the mail today. I can't wait to wear it with my boots, my Urban Cowboy t shirt (w/ a picture of pre-Scientologist John Travolta on the front) and my big cowgirl hat. It's navy (read: therefore not see through) and very full!


And this is me at my first White Trash Prom - TLS 2008, I believe:


That's my first trailer - the silver one on the left - Carlita's Way. Danny Strunc and Uncle Larry named her the "Hooker Wagon" or something like that. She is very hooker-ish. I put a red bulb in my outside light fixture for a "red light district" feel and it is pretty ho-rrific...hahaha...on the inside. Word to the wise...if you tell a demo guy that you want to gut the inside, be sure that's what you really want. It'll be gone in about a blink of an eye and then you'll kind of be up shit creek if you didn't really mean "gut it"!!!!!

I finished up on my trailer last night and made two makeshift hat hooks to hang up my Mona Montana originals, made my bed and straightened up the inside. It was in good shape from the last time, so I didn't have to do too much. I had also bought some stuff in Gruene for my new trailer when she was going to be Western themed as well, but since she's not, then my goodies went into the Cowgirl Cadillac. I also had a few signs in the house that you couldn't see very well, so they went to the trailer, too. I've just got to pack my clothes, put my window unit in, hook up and GO! I plan to relax in the pool for most of the weekend :)

Gary's busy making money; I'm busy billing our customers. We fit together nicely :)

Keep it real...and stay cool!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment