Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Greetings Earthlings!

I am soooooo ready for this long weekend coming up! I've got to get the toyhauler straightened up, mix spices, make a few potluck items and do grocery shopping in the next two days. Whew!

I think I'm going to leave the whole Brewster Co. Burn Ban alone for now. It's turning into a dumpster fire (pun intended) on it's own and I don't think I need to add to it. At least not via my blog. I guess it'll work out the way it's meant to...

My child has been home maybe three days in the last few weeks. She loves this whole Gammy summer schedule. I take that back - she's been home more than that because she's gone to karate. She finishes her first set of swimming lessons tomorrow and I'll sign her up for another two week stint. She has a break from karate next week, so she can concentrate on even more Gammy time :) The Y has quite a few summer/day camps that would work with her swim schedule and I think I'm going to look into them for her. She can only handle so much of our boring office and I can't say that I blame her. She's in love with her swim coach, Luke and flirts and giggles the entire time. Jesus.

I weighed in yesterday and lost another 2 lbs!!!! That brings the total to 13 lbs over the past 6 weeks. I ran and walked last night; Gary stalked via the golf cart while drinking a beer. WTH is wrong with this picture? I like the shoes I bought at Cabela's, especially for what I have to run/walk on. Our road, or lack thereof, is a craptastic combination of asphalt, gravel, fault lines and potholes. In short: it sucks ass. I bought shoes made for running on uneven surfaces (bingo) and hiking trails and they've been pretty kind to my feet. The only thing is, I have shit feet and I want to explore my options and at the very least, have a back up pair. I have always had good luck with Adidas, but I want to say that when I attempted to buy a pair not so long ago, they had changed the toe area to a much slimmer style and I have to have something wide for my freaky feet. I can't wear Nike because they are geared towards people with narrow feet; not completely sold on New Balance and I like Asics. I basically just like shopping for shoes....can't you tell?

Actually, I've got a serious boot problem and I'm well aware of it. I spent an hour on the Old Gringo website Sunday night and racked up $2000 in my head, of course, in a matter of ten minutes. Those are some of the most intricate and beautiful boots and I love them. I love my Corral boots, too. Both brands are extremely comfy and make my feet very happy! I bought Paige a pair of boots last month that are magenta and have Sugar Skulls on the leg. She loved them :) Like mother, like daughter!!

Employees crack me up. Sample conversation from yesterday:

Crackhead Employee: I need to file Workers Comp.
Me: (stifling a laugh) Why is that?
CE: I hurt my spine.
Me: Oh. And how....and where....and when...and who did you tell.
CE: I don't remember how I did it and I can't remember where I was. I did it a few weeks ago and I was by myself.
Me: Well, that's not how it works. You didn't report it, you've never said a word about it and you can't even tell me where and when you did it. Besides, you aren't too hurt, you were picking up your baby and throwing him up in the air and catching him when I got here this morning.
CE: So that means I don't get unemployment?
Me: You QUIT. You do not draw unemployment when you quit your job and there will be no Workers Comp.
CE: So what am I supposed to do.
Me: I don't know what you're supposed to do. Besides, you weren't in that much pain because you went to work for another company last week and worked in Houston for them. I'm seriously doubting this whole injury claim. I have to go now. Goodbye.

I sound like a bitch, don't I? If you have a legit injury, I'm the first one to shoo your ass to the doctor. This guy is a complete moron and that was just a sample of what we've dealt with from him.

Had another employee last week who thought "demo" meant a "record demo". Like recording music.

Swear to God.

If ANYONE ever tells you to get into the demo business, run like hell. It's not for just anyone and I don't know how Gary and I became those "just anyone" types that are right for demo. What does that say about us? I know I'm getting the hell out....so maybe it's just Gary that's whack.


Well, my break is over. I've been seriously productive today and I better get back to it.

Keep it real, folks

K

No comments:

Post a Comment