Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dear CrackBerry,

It started out so innocently. I needed a new iPod and liked the iTouch. The next thing I know, I started exploring its bells and whistles and wondered what it would be like to have an iPhone. I looked online and was not eligible for an upgrade. The cheapskate in me that only allows me to spend money on purses and tattoos would not let me shell out $499 for an iPhone. I buried my iPhone dream and stayed with you, BlackBerry Torch. I kept you at my bedside every night. In my hand during the day. I tried to focus on our relationship. Still...every time I listened to my iPod, I was reminded again of my flirtation with the iPhone and how I wish I could just cheat and no one know about it. I mean, what would be the harm? I'd play with an iPhone, get over my "crush" and go back to my BlackBerry. Plain and Simple. But it wasn't. Yesterday, I succumbed to my temptation. I cast my one time love affair aside and left it for a trophy phone. I gave in to my wanton desires and I bought an iPhone. See, there was this man at AT&T and he showed me how I could in fact upgrade to the iPhone and only pay $49. It was destiny. It was bound to happen. I couldn't fight it anymore.

Please, CrackBerry, don't be angry with me. We simply grew apart. I think you are a fabulous starter relationship and I'm keeping you in a safe place for Juicy. Soon, she will need a phone and I'll hand her over to your capable hands to mold and shape until the time comes that she too wants a taste of new and innovative technology that someone else can offer. Until then, I bid you adieu.

With fondest memories and feelings,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment