Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday Drama

Just a quick post while I'm at the office for a few....I've been at the dentist with my child. Paige goes to a regular dentist for cleanings, but for her problem teeth, she sees a pediatric dentist that specializes in problem moufs. Paige has no enamel on her teeth. Because she was born so early, her body stopped making enamel in order to focus on some of the more pressing issues at the time...hole in the heart, brain bleeds, you get the picture. Her teeth come in sans enamel and with cavities; as well as being very weak. So anyways, our regular dentist doesn't do stainless steel crowns, so he sent her to another dentist. Today we went for her last crown and boy, did she bring the drama. Halfway through, I made the offhanded remark that I should have given her a Xanax before we got there. Her dentist said they could give her Xanax or Valium, but that we'd have to reschedule. Paige was like, "hell no" and I was in total agreement with her. Still, she wouldn't be still, she screamed for help - when no one was touching her, mind you - and just made it incredibly difficult for Dr. Clark (the most patient woman ever) to remove the cavity and insert the crown. After much squirming, restraining, bribing, threatening and screaming on Paige's part, the crown is in. She didn't do this the previous three times we were there and this tooth wasn't as bad as the other ones that have had crowns put on them. She was just too much. I'm glad it's over. She's glad it's over. I gave her some Motrin when we got back into the vehicle. She finally quieted down.




That's a brief snapshot of my day. I was ready to start drinking at 11:30 am. If there was booze at the office, I would be drunk by now. I had a wonderful SOTF weekend and I'll share deets tomorrow. For now, I'm going to do a few things and then I'm off to Jenny Craig to weigh.

Keep it real!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment