Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New Day...New Reason to Bitch...Kidding, Kidding!!!

How about that RAIN!!!!! My parent's house in Irving got close to four inches this morning. How awesome is that? Ellis Co. got a good soaking as well....I hope there is more on the way per the forecast for the rest of the week. I'm glad the wind finally died down. Jeez!!!

Results from Cabelas Cowtown CCO:

93 Chilis

1. Babs Johnson
2. Charles Breeden
3. Tina Barnes
4. Scott Spencer
5. Bob Coats
6. Chuck Sellers
7. Dusty Hudspeth
8. Mike Burke
9. Ginny Williams
10. Dru Stewart


Juniors:

18 Chilis

1. Zoe Brignon (Back to Back to Back to Back Champ!!!)
2. Jared Casey
3. Kaitlyn Johnson
4. Haley Pierce
5. Kaylee Richardson
6. Britney Stevens
7. Dakota Hargis
8. Alyssa Delgado
9. Dillon Palmer
10. Madison Smith

Congrats to all of the winners and the Mild Bills customers who placed. It was hot. It was windy. But it was a great cook off and looks like we'll be back again next year...driving Miss Zoe :)

We went to Joe T. Garcia's afterwards to celebrate. Food was great, waiter sucked. He even went so far as to write on our ticket WHAT WE SHOULD TIP!!!! Can you believe that shizz? I was PISSED!!! I actually complained....I've been going there since I was in utero and in 37 years, that was my first complaint. Oh well. Not like that will keep me from going back. We'll just avoid Bobby G.!

Sunday we made our familial pilgrimage to Pappas. OMG...that place NEVER disappoints. The best part of the evening was my dad asking my mom if she always gets the strip steak and John, our server that takes care of us, nonchalantly walks by and says, "No, she gets the petite filet." Priceless!!!! We had a seafood tower, a dozen oysters, bacon wrapped scallops, lobster bisque...all of our favorite starters. I had a Wedge Salad, Broiled Salmon with Shrimp, Crabmeat, Capers and Tomatoes and Wild Roasted Mushrooms. For desert I had Seasonal Berries (NO CREAM!!) and a glass of Fonseca Port. Gary and I also had a bottle of Martinelli's Lolita Ranch Zinfandel. It is just as good as the Giuseppe and Louisa Zinfandel from Martinelli. They make amazing wines. I've got a chocolate bread pudding waiting for me at home this evening. I weigh in today, so I'm waiting until tonight before I take a few bites of it :)

I am taking a break from cooking this week. Tonight I'm making spaghetti and meatballs, but I bought the frozen meatballs and a jar of sauce, so there will be no real contribution from me. I've got some things I could throw in the crockpot, but I'm not feeling that either. I didn't get home until almost 8 pm last night. WTF??? Paige started swim lessons yesterday and she had karate last night. I went to the store while she was Kung Fu Fighting and then we went home. I was exhausted, but I walked for 30 minutes using the Couch to 5k App courtesy of my iPhone! You walk every other day...so I'm off tonight.

lksjfas;lkjas;flkjf;lkasjf;asklfja;slkfjas;lkfjasd;lkfasdjf;lkjf;laskdjas;lkfja;slkfjas;lkfjas;dlfkjas;lfkjas;flkjasfoiaewrujeior uewofiadsfj;lkjf;laskncasdklanw;ielu we;fjsd;lfkjas;fioaej;aiosjf;aslknjasd;klfjaewior jaew;fjasd;lfkadsjf;lkdj;lkjfds;licj ooewifjwe;lfjasd;lfkjads;lfkjds;flkadsjf;laskjf aewioajs;d lfkjs;lfkjasfioaewjf;lasdkjfas;ldkcjas;dlfkjaw;iojawe;lkfjasd;klsdjf;iowaeua;sidfj;askdljsa;lkfjsad;lkfjsa;dlf

That's my chili/CASI rant for today. I've made my latest opinions known via private email....tends to keep me out of trouble!

I really do hope we get some more rain...say lots of prayers, do a bunch of rain dances and keep your fingers crossed. We sure do need it!

Have a great day - spread something...let people know you're here!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment