Thursday, June 16, 2011

Greetings Earthlings!!

Happy Thursday - this week is ALMOST over! PTL - I'm so over this week! For the past two days, I've come into the office only to be bombarded with dumpster fires from the get go! We've got a GC with a first time project manager on a DISD project and to say that he needs his own personal supply of Xanax would be the understatement of the year. I have been back and forth with him, the bonding company, writing letters, documenting work, etc. I've been busy - but I haven't gotten a damn thing done! Furthermore, our tax return is still not completed and it's become a nightmare. On a happy note - I signed Paige up for swim lessons this morning and she's pumped up.

I took a video of my dogs last night. I'm not sure if I should share it because you can hear me in the background telling Waylon to show his muff and it sounds sort of disturbing and creepy. Now that I've told ya'll that, I wonder what the harm would be....LOL!!! Waylon definitely knows when he's being recorded, he totally hams it up for the camera. He's such a goofball. And Eddie, he just looks at us like we're morons....but who cares?? I love my muffins!!!!



Well...I've been playing with my new toy. I've got to admit, I'm kinda lovin it. I'm learning and there are a few things I miss about my CrackBerry, but overall, I"m not feeling any remorse for switching. I've downloaded a few apps and I'm trying to figure out how to get new ringtones, but other than that, it's pretty easy to navigate. I'm even doing okay with the touchscreen keyboard. That part is a huge improvement over the one on the Torch.

We are going to Pappas for Fathers Day!!! We decided that it's been too long, we deserve it and by God, we're going! There will be twelve of us! I'm looking forward to a seafood tower - mainly the oysters on the half shell. I'm going to be good and get the salmon...and steamed broccoli....and no skillet or Au gratin potatoes. But I will have a bite or two of crab mac and cheese....mmmmmm...heaven! I think I'm going to take a break from cooking for the boys this evening. They're at the house today doing yardwork. Hey - if I can get out of paying the landscape company we use a buttload of money, and pay the boys to do it instead, then that's what I'm going to do!

Poor Gray is having back problems again. He went to the doctor yesterday and had an MRI this morning. I hope he doesn't need back surgery again, but I'm afraid that's where this is heading.


This weekend is the big (read: hotter than hell) Cowtown CCO. There will be beans and salsa Friday night and Chili Saturday and Sunday. Zoe will be cooking in the Junior division, looking for her 4th consecutive 1st place finish. Because of Gary's back situation, we won't be bringing Ray. Gary talked to him earlier in the week so that Ray would know and could potentially find someone else to take him. It's going to be so hot - I don't think he needs to be out there anyways. But, if there is anything I've learned, you cannot tell Ray Calhoun what he can or cannot do!

The GPM is fast approaching us and I've usually gotten my credentials paperwork email by now. I guess I'll need to go on the website and print everything out, fill it out and get it sent in. The NOW Pod met Tuesday night, elected officers and had a typical Ellis Co. meeting - a little business followed by a lot of cocktails. Hell Yeah!!! Ron Baker is our new Pepper Popper and he and Gary will be attending the GPM. I'm looking forward to staying home this year and out of the CASI politics. Although, this is a rules change year...so maybe I could go and observe the "action"...so to speak!!! I do know that I'm not the only one who is in complete disagreement with how the different regions are being handled and assigned by the Board instead of the Pods in that area. When Pods are involved with who their RR's are and have more of a say in when/where cook offs are held, there seems to be less problems. Although I know this will NEVER happen, I believe that the minimum number of cooks should be raised from fifteen to twenty, at least. That would put a stop to so many of these 15 cook cook offs that barely make and really don't serve the charity as best it could if there were more cooks. By requiring more cooks, people might hesitate before putting cook offs on top of one another. IMHO, of course. Oh well....same ol, same ol...year after year. :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend and if you're cooking chili, steal some points!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment