Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Greetings Earthlings :o)

Slowly but surely, this day is getting better. I can only hope that this week continues on the same positive trend. Thank God Gary and I took advantage of the special pricing on the case of wine at TICC. We bought two and I believe I'm halfway through the case of Pinot Noir. I had a bottle Thanksgiving and it went really well with the turkey.

The holidays are coming faster and faster the older I get. I've decided on my gifts for the adult females in my life and for most of the men, it will be the same ol' Visa gift card. Those are actually the best bets because they can use them at any Harley Davidson and most of them like to buy Harley stuff. Priorities.....

Paige and Zoe decorated the Christmas tree Sunday night and they did a damn good job! Gary and I put a few things on it last night but for the most part, the girls did all of it. Waylon, my crackhead dog, was up at 3:45 am and was pulling ornaments off of the tree. He had a collection of them in his bed this morning. He's such a shit. I think he talks Eddie into behaving badly :)

I thought we had our Christmas menu planned, but then I saw a recipe for a pancetta wrapped beef tenderloin and I went a little crazy. We thought about doing a pork loin and a few pasta dishes. Quick, easy, affordable! I guess we could still do Italian with the pancetta wrapped beef tenderloin. When it comes to meat, I can make anything work. That sounded nasty.

Work has been super stressful, and when it is, I think about going to Pappas, sitting at the bar and eating dinner while drinking heavily. I can do that at a table, but in my fantasy, I sit at the bar so I'm close to the booze, too. Maybe Gary and I can sneak away one night this weekend and have a nice dinner....that would be great! Hell, we don't even have to go to Pappas...we could go to Sambuca! That's one of my favorite date places. Not so great for the healthy eating...but good for my mental health, no doubt!

Paige has the Scholastic Book Fair this week and one of her choices, swear to God, is "My World Justin Beiber". WHAT IN THE HELL??? What is this? Why? She was singing one of his songs Saturday and I damn near vomited in my mouth. I guess until Hank III comes out with an autobiography, this is going to be what she reads. And it's important that she reads....still...Justin freakin Bieber? She actually calls him Justin Veever....LMAO!

Have a great evening...stay warm!!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment