Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday, Monday

Greetings and Salutations! How was everyone's weekend? We made a quick trip to San Antonio to sell Mild Bill's chili mix, jellies and spices with Bill and Tamara at the Freeman Coliseum. They have a great Christmas Arts and Crafts show there each year and we had a great time. Gary is the official Jalapeno Jelly Salesman after his fine performance on Saturday. He was such a hoot!!

My mom and I have finalized our Thanksgiving menu. This is what we have planned for Thursday:

Roasted Turkey
Smoked Turkey Breast
Honey Baked Ham
Chorizo and Jalapeno Dressing
Cranberry Pecan Dressing
Traditional Dressing
Green Rice Casserole
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potato Casserole
Macaroni and Cheese
Pea Salad
Shoepeg Corn Casserole
Deviled Eggs
Stuffed Celery
Giblet Gravy
Bourbon Orange Cranberry Relish
Rosemary Rolls
Pumpkin Pie, Flourless Chocolate Cake and Pecan Pie

OMG - that is so much friggin food!!!! We have a lot of people come over, so this ends up being just enough food with plenty of leftovers. We also have plenty of wine this year...so my grocery bill wasn't as high as it has been in the past...LOL!!

I don't plan on doing any Black Friday shopping this year. Hopefully Gary and I can get the Christmas tree put up on Friday. I believe the lights are being put up tomorrow, so that will be out of the way. I'm stumped over buying Christmas presents this year....I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I want to make sure I have really personal gifts to give. I'm kind of over the mass gift card giving. They're nice, definitely, but I like to give gifts rather than a ton of cards with a gift certificate inside. I guess I'll need to peruse eBay and see what I can find.

The boys come home from the Puppy Hotel today. They're getting spa treatments and their nails clipped before we pick them up. I do know what they are getting for Christmas - a burrow bed!!! They are going to love it! I also bought Eddie a new collar...it's blue (to match his eyes...Jesus....) with gold crowns on it. Lord help me!!! It was so quiet in the house without them and I just don't like it! I miss my Secret Lovers!!!!


Here's hoping that everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving. I'll be posting my Thanksgiving recipes throughout the week. Have a painless Monday!!!

Spreading my own special brand of joy, kindness and common sense.....

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment