Tuesday, November 9, 2010

White Chicken Chili

Good Morning. I feel like total crap. I can't stop coughing and I've lost my voice. But alas, that doesn't affect my ability to type....hahahahaha!!! Anyways....I made White Chicken Chili for dinner last night and wanted to share the recipe. I don't think I've posted this one before, but if I have, please forgive me and my horrible memory.

This is very easy and inexpensive to make. Even though it uses canned items and rotisserie chicken, you simmer it for about 20 minutes and it tastes homemade. Enjoy!!

Cadillac Cowgirl White Chicken Chili

1 Rotisserie Chicken, meat pulled and shredded
2 15 oz Cans of Cannellini Beans (do not drain)
1 7 oz Can of Diced Green Chiles (do not drain)
32 oz Chicken Stock
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/4 tsp Garlic Granules
1/4 tsp Onion Granules
1/2 tsp Cumin
(All spices from Mild Bills, of course!!)
Garnish:
Cilantro, Diced Avocado, Grated Cheese, Sour Cream, Tortilla Chips

In a large pot, add the beans, green chiles, chicken stock and all of the spices. While the soup mixture is heating up over medium high heat, shred the chicken and add to the pot. Using a large spoon, mash some of the beans to help thicken the broth. Put the lid on and simmer it over medium low heat for 20-25 minutes until heated through and thickened. It's not going to be super thick, but it shouldn't be real thin either. It will thicken up as you cook it and if it doesn't, just mash a few more of the beans. Adjust the seasonings to taste.

When you're ready to serve it, ladle the soup into a bowl. Top with any or all of the garnishes and enjoy!

HEB had Rotisserie chickens on sale last night two for $8.00 - so I went ahead and refrigerated the one I didn't use for dinner tonight. I've got pasta, sauce and cheese coming out the wazoo in my pantry. I think I'm going to shred the chicken and make a pasta bake with it. I'll post that recipe tomorrow. I'm still on Jenny Craig (and the food is still good), but I love to cook, so that's what I'm going to keep on doing :)

Now that we are back from Terlingua, it is time to purchase a bunny for Paige, per our agreement. And you know what happens when we talk about rabbits in my house? The return of one of the best things to ever come out of my child's mouth:

BIRFALIZE!!!!!!!

YES!!!! She wanted to know if the rabbit would be birfalizing babies at the house. I told her no, there had to be two rabbits in order for birfalizing to occur and that she would only have one rabbit. I told Paige that there would be no birfalizing of bunnies anytime in the near future.

Did any of you save newspapers you bought while traveling to TICC or while you were there? If so, Linda Buschel is collecting them for a group that sends them overseas to the troops. It's a way for them to read about what's going on in different parts of the world. If you have some to share, email me at kbrignon-tbdemo@sbcglobal.net and I'll give you an address to send them to.

I'd like to address this newfangled contraption, the Neti Pot. Can someone tell me why I need to stick something that looks like this up my nose:


Is it just me, or does that little spout look a little...you know, phallic? I took it out of the box and was a taken aback by the design. Gary even commented on it, saying something along the lines of "you never let me stick anything like that up your nose." But anyways...it works pretty well and if you can get past the somewhat perverted design, it's worth a shot....no pun intended.

I'm off to spread joy and kindness....and hopefully very few germs.

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment