Monday, December 6, 2010

Bad Blogger....

Yeah, yeah...I suck at this :) Last week was one awful nightmare after another and my zest for blogging took a huge beating! I'm surviving Monday and I hope to be back and better than ever (stealing a line from Mike Greenberg) tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a great weekend, stole some chili points, and recharged their batteries. I can't wait to share my conversation with Paige...man, she's ruthless when it comes to people not stepping it up at a cook off!

I'm going to relax with MNF, my book and a glass of wine. Paige and Gilbert Charlie Robison are watching cartoons, Waylon and Eddie are acting like crackheads and Black Dog Fred has started his chemo. Just another day at the Brignon compound. And I still don't understand why Gary wouldn't buy me and P a 6 week old mini dachshund yesterday. They were selling them at Tractor Supply....females...PRECIOUS. Oh well...such is life.

I really, really need this week to be better than last week - and the one before that. I don't want to have a sucky December. I'm looking forward to the Elks Lodge CCO this weekend, Pappas, Maggiano's and the NOW Pod Christmas party the following week and then Christmas. December is always a really special time of year for us...this is when we were blessed with our Miracle Baby. Seven years ago, I was in the hospital trying not to go into labor :) This is the week that I think about my precious Paige born 10 weeks early, with brain bleeds, underdeveloped lungs and a hole in her heart. My sweet little 3 lb peapod who looked like something out of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome when they would put the billirubin goggles on her when she was under the lights. And to think, that fragile little person turned into the Paige we all know and love. Isn't life wonderful??

Good night all....I'll be back tomorrow.....

Keep it real, folks

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment