Friday, December 24, 2010

Feliz Navidad!!!!

Merry Christmas Eve everybody!! I'm sitting in my kitchen here in my warm house in the thriving metropolis of Crisp, Texas. My boys are in their cozy cave dog bed, the fireplace is going, the girls are running around like crackheads and my oldest is killing zombies. What more could a mommy ask for??? We've also been tracking Santa....I need a Gammy tracker, too. Paige keeps asking me when she's going to be here. The rain finally made an appearance as well. We've got Mass at 6 pm, a feast for dinner, cocktails and the annual Trivial Pursuit battled scheduled for tonight. I'm excited!

Our Christmas Eve Dinner and Christmas Morning Brunch are going to ROCK! For dinner we're having Roast Chicken and Sausage, Ina Garten's Grown Up Mac and Cheese, Roasted New Potatoes, Sauteed Spinach, French Peas and lots of bread!!! I'm also going to break out the Brie, Cheddar, and Stilton for a pre-dinner snack. For brunch in the morning we're having blueberry, apple strudel and regular pancakes, smoked salmon fritatta, Ina's Baked Eggs, Bacon and BREAD!!! YUM! I'm looking forward to a lot of great food, fun and wine :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas with their friends and families. This really is a miraculous time of year. Seven years ago, I spent Christmas Eve and Day in the NICU with my little miracle baby born at 30 weeks. She has always been our Christmas miracle and while I'm thankful for her (and her conversations) throughout the year, I really count my blessings during the Christmas season. Regardless of your religion, there's a lot to celebrate this time of year. I love going to Mass each Christmas Eve with Paige and singing Silent Night, and lighting the candles. I love how she has such an unwavering belief that Santa will bring her exactly what she's asked for. I think about how fortunate and loved and blessed my family is and I thank God for keeping my family healthy and safe. I also pray that those in need have the love and guidance of God to get them through and keep them safe. I hope all of you feel the same love and warmth in your lives. Merry Christmas - be safe, be merry, and most of all...be jolly!!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment