Friday, July 23, 2010

The Return of Conversations with Paige......

Here are a few recent gems. We've got a nice mix of Paige musings and Paige conversations and boy, they're something else!

Paige: Mommy, I really like plump pink weenies. Those look better to me and I think they taste better. They gray shriveled up ones just seem kind of old and gross. What kind of weenies do you like?

That was Paige describing her ideal weenie as she picked the breading off of her corny dog last night.

Paige: When I grow up, I'm going to marry Alex. He's crazy and he lets me be crazy. I think crazy people should marry each other so that they can be crazy together. Then there's more craziness and it's fun.

Spoken like a true Bowden Brignon :)


I have the most delicious, most unique, most special child in the world. Yeah, yeah...I know, all parents think that, but I REALLY do! She's amazing. Spend a day with her - you'll see what I mean.

She was so funny last week when she decided she was going to go to the river with us. Here's a sample:

Paige: Mommy, did I hear you say you're going to the ribber? (yes, she calls it the "ribber")
Me: Yes
Paige: I need the phone.
Me: Why?
Paige: I need to call Gammy. I need to let her know that I can't come to her house this weekend. If you're going to the ribber, then I'm going to the ribber. She's going to be a little upset and probably miss me, but she'll be okay.
I hand her the phone....
Paige: Gammy?
Gammy: Yes....
Paige: Gammy, I can't come to your house this weekend. Now, don't be upset, but mommy and daddy are going to the ribber and I need to go with them.
Gammy: Well, okay. If that's what you want to do.
Paige: Yes, I love the ribber. I hope we don't go on the Guadalupe because it's slow. The Comal is so much better.
Gammy: You will have a great time with mommy and daddy.
Paige: I love you Gammy......
Me: Paige, you can still go to Gammy's. It's okay.
Paige: No, I want to go with you.
Me: Well, me and Daddy were going to have private time.
Paige: That's okay. You can have private time with Daddy and when you're finished, you can have private time with me. We'll share you.

WTH???????

Anyways...she ended up at Gammy's. I had to work last Friday and she was tired of waiting around on me. Her reasoning was this, "well, I can swim at Gammy's. I really want to swim and I didn't know I was going to have to wait around on you all day." Oh my God...where does she come up with this stuff?!?!?!

All is well...she'll be on the river in two weeks and then Labor Day weekend. She had a good time with Gammy and all is right in the "Land of Yes and Never Wait"!! Paige loves her Gammy so much...it's kind of gross at times, actually. I was waking her up one morning and she was just laying there kind of sleepy and dazed and I asked her what she was thinking about and she said she was thinking about Gammy. I then asked why she was thinking about Gammy and she said, "I was thinking about yesterday when I was swimming in the pool and Gammy was watching me. She loves me." Oh my....that child is ate up!!! It's really, really sweet though.

Gary's high school reunion is this Saturday and we'll be attending it. I'm sure it will be very interesting. I've got things to do in my trailer today, so I better get off the computer and get to work. I'm almost finished with my billings. Lord, I didn't think they would ever end. That's a really good thing, though.

This time last year, we were living in our motorhome at Wendell and Carole's house while our house was being built. Man...it's seems so long ago. There were five of us in there, plus three dogs. The trauma from those three months haunts us still...LOL. My kids are permanantly scarred from living in the motorhome. We made it, and it could have been worse, but it was a serious beatdown of epic proportions! In fact, we were in the motorhome for a full month before our slab was even poured. Do you know how depressing and maddening that was? And then, it started raining. In July. In Texas. Only us, only us. But hey - we've got a beautiful home on the most perfect piece of land and we're all happy and we've all recovered...with the help of hours of counseling, interventions and booze, of course! Well, the kids didn't need the booze, but me and Gary did (and still do)...LOL!!

I've got some recipes to share and I will do that this weekend. Have any of you tried the Cold Baked Potato Salad at the Gristmill? I made a version of it last Sunday and it is super easy and very good!! I'll post that as well.

I see Don Hoy announced that he was running for the BOD. Good for him for stepping up. Any other takers???

Have a wonderful Friday and I'll be back tomorrow spreading my own special brand of kindness and joy!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment