Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Another Day of Rambling about Food and A Few of My Issues!!

A few weeks ago, I decided to crown myself Queen of Passiva Agressiva, a small territory that covers my home, office and any other area I might be occupying. I am doing this in an attempt to be less inflammatory. However, it seems that I can inflame anyone even while being passive aggressive. I really don't care for passive aggressive people or their motives. I know someone who's that way and I just really don't get it - especially since this person is so hateful and bitter deep down. I mean, if you're really that bitchy, just come out with it already. Anyways, back to me. I've had some fun with this experiment and I'd like to share a passive aggressive approach that I took with my husband yesterday. I didn't know I had it in me :) I was trying to get in touch with Lord Brignon yesterday by way of calling and texting and he would not respond to me. It kind of pissed me off. So, when I got home and saw the USPS package containing the wireless aircard for his laptop, I kindly set it inside the front door and let Eddie, our dog, hike his leg and pee on it. Not just once, but twice. I immediately felt better. I actually smiled. Later on, he began to call me and I chose not to answer the phone. He called so many times that it bordered on what Jeannie and I like to call "Man Dialing". Still, I did not answer the phone in my passive aggressive attempt to make a point. Do you believe me when I tell you we have a happy and healthy marriage?? You should - we do!!! We just operate a little differently than others from time to time. Hahaha!! But yeah, I kind of like this whole new way of dealing with others. I've even used this approach at work a few times and it's given me countless hours of pleasure!

So yesterday, when I wasn't busy working on my PA skills, I took Paige to Karate and then we went to HEB. Tyler was in the mood for chicken spaghetti, so off I went to pick up items for dinner. What started out as a grocery list for chicken spaghetti turned into one for Turkey Spaghetti and before you say, "EEEWWWW Gross", give it a chance. My 16 year old stepson, who at one point in his life would only eat chicken, corn and green beans, loved it and so did Lord Brignon. Give it a try!

Cadillac Cowgirl Turkey Spaghetti

1 Roasted Turkey Breast, shredded or chopped (You can cook it yourself or buy it already cooked. I bought a Rotisserie Turkey breast at HEB and it was delicious. Either way, you need about 2 cups and that gave me more than enough.)
1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
1/2 Cup Chopped Celery
1 4 oz Can Sliced Mushrooms
1 4 oz jar Sliced Pimentos (you can omit; I always have a jar handy)
1 Can Cream of Mushroom, Celery or Chicken Soup (any will work well)
1 Cup Milk
2 Tbsp Butter...or Smart Balance...jeez....
1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese or any other cheese and in any amount, really...can you ever have too much cheese??
12 oz Spaghetti, cooked to al dente
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease an oval casserole dish (3 quarts at least). In a large skillet, saute the onions and celery until tender. (I HAVE to do this otherwise my children will not eat it). Once they are tender, add the mushrooms and pimentos and continue to saute. Once they are heated through, add the turkey, soup, and milk and half of the cheese and cook until hot and bubbly. Add salt and pepper to taste and adjust the seasoning according to your preference. Combine the cooked spaghetti and sauce mixture in the casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese....however much that might be :). Cook in oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve and enjoy!

Have a great day everyone! I'm taking a break from inane and pointless insurance questionnaire's. One of the questions I was asked: "How many jobs have you balled in the last 12 months?". I'm still debating how I want to answer that question and if our policy can be cancelled for any type of nasty or uncouth answer I may give them. But again, I'm thinking to myself, "If you're going to ask a stupid question......"

I don't have any recent conversations with Paige, but I can tell you that she left my mother's house yesterday sans underwear and wasn't in any hurry to put a pair on. I love my life.

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment