Friday, July 2, 2010

I Know a Girl Here In Laredo, Her Name's PussyWillow Rose.....



Here she is! This is my newest baby....1977 Serro Scotty Sportsman in wonderful condition! And yes, I've named her after a line in a Charlie Robison song :o). I'm going to repaint the white portion of the exterior. The turquoise and gold areas are in really great shape. The hitch needs to be repainted as well. I've got lots of options on the interior. I'm removing the fridge (not original) and turning the space back into a cabinet. I've got a potty closet big enough for a potty and vanity. I've got ample closet space and I'm not sure yet what I want to do with the front kitchen. I'd like to remove it, but I've been told by someone who thinks he knows everything that it will look stupid to remove it and either put a bar or a dinette in its place. Oh well....my trailer, not his :) The rest that needs to be done is mainly minor cosmetic and the best part - decorating!!! I've still got the other Scotty that I will be using for parts on this one - namely the door.

So, the Cowgirl Cadillac is in the warehouse primed and ready to be painted...again. Man...that trailer has kicked my ass. I've got John Deere tractor paint and it's going to be sprayed by a "semi-professional"....which is better than my clearly amateur ass! My mom is working on my cushions and I've got my new quilt and curtains. I'm also considering pulling up the carpet and laying down wood or vinyl. She's going to look great when I'm finished.

I've decided to take Carlita to the house and put her in the backyard as a playhouse/girl cave for Paige and Zoe. I don't know how many redneck points that's worth, but I think they'll enjoy it.

And yes, if you've been paying attention, I have four trailers. I also have seven dogs. I won't tell you how many purses or pairs of flip flops I have. I clearly have a problem. Speaking of purses, my true love, my Gucci satchel, has a strap issue. I'm going to have to take her to a leather shop and have them repair the stitching on the strap. It's beginning to come apart. I normally rotate my purses, but I love this purse so much that I've been carrying it non stop since last July. I hope it can be repaired. And since I've been so devoted to my Gucci satchel and had no intention of switching to another one, I do not have a good summer purse. I'm currently toting a Chloe bag that is too small for all of my stuff. I would say that I'm well on my way to justifying another purse purchase. Man...I can justify anything! I just love purses so much. A girl can never have too many!

Have a safe 4th of July holiday. I can't wait until Sunday - lots of food to prepare. I'll share recipes next week :)

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment