Thursday, May 24, 2012

Word of the Day: Lumping

Yes, Lumping.  My daughter clued me into the proper use of the word lumping.

Paige:  Mommy, you know sometimes when I'm feeding Lollipop, I'll scratch her back and she'll start lumping it.
Me:  Lumping it?
Paige:  Yeah, she lumps her back.
Me:  (Sort of just standing there, staring at her, trying to figure out where this is going to go.....) Do you mean arching her back, like a cat?
Paige:  Yeah, lumping.  That's what lumping is.
Me:  Well, actually, lumping isn't a word, but know that I know what you mean, then we're good.
Paige:  She also makes that noise.
Me:  What noise?
Paige:  That noise Gilbert makes when he's in her cage and she's lumping her back.  He purrs.  She purrs.  She purrs when I scratch her back.
Me:  Paige, where did you come up with the term lumping?
Paige:  (very thoughtfully, mind you) Well, you and Daddy always tell the dogs to stop humping each other and that's kind of what Gilbert does to Lollipop.  But, Gilbert loves Lollipop, so it's love and humping.  Lumping.

Can't argue with that logic now, can I?

Keep it spicy....and keep lumping :)

K

No comments:

Post a Comment