Monday, May 7, 2012

Pistachio Crusted Sea Bass with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Olive Tapenade

I sort of kicked ass on this one.  It f*cking rocked.  Seriously.  Try it out next time you want to do something different with Sea Bass.  You can also use Halibut.

Cadillac Cowgirl Pistachio Crusted Sea Bass with Roasted Tomatoes and Olive Tapenade

1lb Sea Bass Filet
1/4 Cup Pistachios, Shelled
1 tsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Coarse Ground Telicherry Pepper
1 Tbsp Horseradish
2 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
2 Tbsp Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
2 Tbsp Panko Bread Crumbs
1/2 Cup Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
1/4 Cup Olive Tapenade (CHEAT, people!!!  Buy the already prepared kind - you can find it with the Pasta Sauce with the Italian food, or over near the deli where they keep the fancy cheese :)!!)

Preheat the oven to 425.  Place the Sea Bass in a greased shallow dish (I used a 1 1/2 qt gratin dish and sprayed it with non stick spray). Using a food processor, combine the pistachios, salt, pepper, horseradish, parsley and olive oil.  Pulse on high until everything is coarsely ground and combined.  It should have a thick consistency and be moist from the olive oil.  Be sure to scrape the sides and using a spatula, spread the mixture over the top of the Sea Bass.  Sprinkle the 2 Tbsp of bread crumbs over the top and drizzle the equivalent of a teaspoon of olive oil over the top.  This will help the bread crumbs stay moist and also turn a nice brown color.  Spoon the tapenade on either side of the fish and then add the cherry or grape tomatoes to it - over the tapenade, but not on top of the fish.  Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes.  Before removing from the oven, turn the oven to "broil" and broil the Sea Bass on high for 2 to 3 minutes or until the top is brown.  (Skip this step if the fish already has a nice crust from the 25 minutes of cooking).  Allow the Sea Bass to sit for five minutes.  To serve, cut in half and place each piece on a plate.  Spoon the roasted cherry tomatoes and olive tapenade over the fish.  Serve with a side dish (I did brocolli and mushrooms) and a good red wine - like a Cabernet or Zinfandel.  This is a spicy dish and you want a full bodied wine to stand up to it.  I'm going to sound like a complete idiot - but we had neither....LOL!!  We actually had an Italian Sangiovese that went great with it.  It was full bodied enough to pair well with the spiciness of the fish, but it didn't overpower it.  A Malbec would also be a great choice to go with this dish.  No matter what beverage you pair this with, you won't be disappointed!  I promise :)

So, this is what it looks like when you take it out of the oven:
And this is what it looks like before you dig in!

Saturday night, we had blue cheese, brie, salami and fig confit along with a delicious Argentinian Malbec.  I think that's one of my favorite dinners.  Me and Gary, cheese, and a glass of wine.  It doesn't get any better than that.

Gary and I will be married 10 years in August.  That's a long time.

This morning, Gary and I were discussing casting options for Christian Grey over our morning coffee.  I was giving him a run down of my pro (Armie Hammer) and my cons (everyone else).  And then...one of us brought up The Swedish Freight Train of Hotness (Alexander Skarsgard - Eric Northman from True Blood) and I swear to God, I turned scarlet and started giggling uncontrollably.  OH. MY. GOD.  He could do it.  Can't you just imagine that sexy mofo barefoot in just a pair of jeans holding a grey tie? And, he's also tall....just like Fifty!  Son of a bitch - he so freakin hot.  I was sitting in my chair and said, "fuck the paperwork." and Gary just looked at me like I was crazy.  I told him it was a line in the book and while I've only imagined (fantasized...LOL) about Armie Hammer saying that, I could totally see Alexander Skarsgard playing that role.  Mmmmm....

I like this picture - mainly because he's at a Gucci show...and we know how much I heart Gucci :o)
Time to go pick up the Juicy of Love and Deliciousness from Karate.  She had the day off from school and spent it dressing up Eddie and Waylon.  They look so embarrassed.....


Straight outta Ellis Co., folks.  Keepin it real one day at a time!!

Hey - congrats to all the chili winners and placers this weekend.  And what about Tim Collier?  Back to Back Howdy Roo winner.  WTG Tim!!!

Spreading joy, kindness and the freshest cumin you'll ever sniff........

The Cadillac Cowgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment