Friday, May 4, 2012

Conversations with Paige

Conversations with Paige....

Paige: Mommy, did they count all of that wine?
Me: Who? Mrs. May and Ms. Volker? I'm sure they did. Why?
Paige: (gesturing with her hand) I just wanted to know, you know.
Me: Uh ok.
Paige: Because (gesturing again) you know, you like it.
Me: Yeah, I like wine. And?
Paige: So they'd know (and she is becoming increasingly more nervous as she speaks...serves her right!!) if there was any missing.
Me: Well, I'd tell them if I broke one or if something happened to it.
Paige: Like if you drank it?
Me: Paige! That's not my wine! I'm not going to drink it.
Paige: But you like to drink wine. Did they know that when they said you could do this?
Me: Paige, Mommy is not and will not drink the Dream Vacation wine that was donated. I have my own wine. Thank you, but I'm good, really.
Paige: Okay, I was just checking because that's a lot of wine and those holes were you keep your wine (our wine hutch, that's awesome!!) are pretty empty.
Me: Thank you Paige. I appreciate your concern and your faith in me as your mother.
Paige: You're welcome. I just didn't want you to get in trouble with Ms. Volker for drinking that wine.
 
And last night's offering....
 
 
Paige: Mommy, I like that we like the same music. Hank, Charlie and that mummy with those boys."
Trying not to laugh, I ask her to clarify that mummy and his boys....
Paige: You know, that guy. He sings about lions and caves.
Me: You mean Mumford and Sons????
Paige: Yes. That's who I was talking about. You didn't know that?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment