Thursday, May 17, 2012

Score One for My Noggin.....

Good Morning!  It's Thursday and I am ready for the weekend!  Something really wonderful happened this morning.  I was able to remember the last four songs that I listened to on my radio!  Even better - I still remember them!!

Cannonball
Backwater
Dope Show
Ocean Size

I know this probably seems weird and eye roll worthy to a lot of people, but for me, it is a HUGE deal.  I normally can't remember hearing a song as soon as it's over.  I don't recall conversations, actions,  you name it.  Getting off of the Cymbalta was supposed to help my short term memory and it has made a difference.  I'm not 100% better, but I'm also not washing my hair four or five times every morning any more because in my mind, it never happened.  Baby steps.....

However....there are plenty of things I DO remember..specific and tedious details...so anyone trying to pull the old, "you just don't remember" bullshit....uh uh.  Not happening.  :)

Lots of chili cook offs this weekend - lots of opportunities to steal some points.  Or, in my case, GET THAT LAST DAMN POINT!!!  Seriously?  I just want 10th place - that's all I'm asking for!  Paige is cooking Saturday at TOT.  I hope she kicks some serious booty!!

I'm still having a hell of a time finding a decent pillow to sleep on.  My neck is JACKED UP this morning.  I can't take a hydrocodone or I'll pass out....so I'll just swallow a handful of Aleve and hope it helps!  I've tried all kinds of pillows and I can't seem to find the right one.  It sucks!!

I've got my mind on the river these days.  It's all I can do to keep from hooking up to my trailer and hauling off to Gruene.  It sure would be nice to tie off to a tree and just float and nap and relax.  I think Paige and I might try and sneak away after she gets out of school.  She and I were both talking about it this morning.  We need a river trip!!  I can't wait until Labor Day - my special birthday weekend with Charlie Robison.  Ohh....that just never gets old! 

Have a great day and even better weekend.  I'm happy to see that Richard Knight is running for CASI Executive Director and that Roger Foltz and Darin Jester are seeking re-election.  Good news for chili cooks.

Keep it Spicy!

The Spice Mistress

2 comments: