Monday, July 11, 2011

Howdy!!

Okay, I'm a lifelong Texan used to the very serious heat during our summers, but this is F*CKING RIDICULOUS!!!!!! I mean, seriously??? I wonder if this is going to amp up hurricane season? We learned our lesson after Katrina - we don't do disaster work anymore. I bet it also means a mild winter. That sucks. It really puts the kibosh on all of my flannel sheets, fireplace use and nesting.

Because it was too hot to do anything significant outside, we made use of our indoor time and put furniture together! Actually, I performed an exorcism on my child's room and Gary spent five hours cussing me while he put Zoe's dresser together :) Look, I was just trying to save money, so I bought the "some assembly required" furniture. Some assembly my ass. The dressers are in a 1000 pieces. Paige's bed wasn't so bad and Zoe's was simple. We are still waiting on Paige's headboard to come in and then we'll be in good shape. Gary needs to put P's dresser together, but I'm thinking I'm not going to push it.

My child is the biggest drama queen ever when it comes to house cleaning. At one point I found her in the floor, head in hands, elbows on knees sobbing violently at the prospect of cleaning her hoarder-like room. I'm not exaggerating and I'm pretty sure she's been wearing dirty undies since she has stuffed her drawers so full of clothes none of them will open. Before you get too grossed out, yes, I do laundry....she just doesn't go in and get her clean clothes. I get it, she's 7 1/2 and little kids aren't concerned with these things. But as a mother, and a clean one at that, it just really grosses me out that I could have bore a nasty kid. I may need to load some cleaning mantras onto her iPod and make her listen to them every night while she's a little sleep. A little subliminal messaging/brainwashing action. What? I could make her believe all sorts of crazy shit and if trying to brainwash her to be a clean person is the worst thing I do, then I'm doing okay!! LOL I'm kidding, people....kidding.....bwahahahahhahahaha

I made a seafood pasta dish Saturday night while my in laws were over visiting with us. It wasn't too bad. I'm going to play with it a little more before I post the recipe. It was good...but I was really ADHD with the prep and there's just no reason to subject others to that type of recipe and directions :) Yesterday I used my old faithful oven method and cooked a brisket. It came out delicious and I've decided that as long as I have an oven, beer, apple cider, Mild Bill's BBQ Rub and Head Country BBQ Sauce, I can cook one hell of a brisket!!! It may not be via a smoker, and it may not be authentic, but it's friggin good. Hell Yeah! Although I hate to give my money to Walmart, they have one of the best red skin potato salads that is ready to eat. Add a little salt and pepper and it is delicious! I have a really great potato salad recipe that I love to make, but sometimes, easy is best.

I'm keeping my iPhone. It finally stopped correcting my F Bombs and most importantly, it recognizes "Batshit Crazy" as a viable and important part of my vernacular. I'm still pissed that it doesn't have a flash, but I'll get over it.

I also need to give a HUGE shout out to the wonderful Casey at Luke's Locker in Dallas. She fitted me yesterday for a pair of Brooks Trail Running Shoes and I LOVE THEM!! The store is so cool, the people are knowledgeable and friendly and they have a huge inventory of shoes, "moisture wicking" clothing and sports bras for those of us more blessed than others....LOL!!! I'm so glad I went and the prices are comparable to all of the other sports stores - you just get the fantastic service and expertise.

I have to cut this posting short. Gary has requested that I bring floor scrapers to him so that he can finish up on a job and if my man asks for something, then by God I do it!! LOL Seriously, though....I learned a valuable lesson last week. My husband, monumental snorer, restless leg syndrome sleeper, golf cart stalker and all around redneck is the only person I would ever, ever want to be married to. Yes, I've always wanted to be married to him, but when I need someone the most, he really does have my back. I'm blessed. Infinitely blessed because of him. I wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with anyone else.

I'll be sure and comment on the today's posting on the ED Blog tomorrow. Not trying to be a DA, I just know if I don't write it down, I'll completely forget about it and I think there's something on there worth mentioning. Oooohhh....the suspense.

Keep it real and spread some kindness and joy!

Kelly

1 comment: