Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Back to Reality

Well....did everyone survive the 4th of July long weekend?? My God, it was hot. Hot, hot, hot. And there wasn't even a breeze. See....I knew we'd all be missing our windy weather as soon as summer cranked up!! We had the BEST time at Harvey and Carol West's place in Telephone. They put on a great cook off, tons of food, friends, laughs. Just an all around perfect weekend! Their cook off will be our 4th of July destination as long as they have it.

Today is a Xanax day. Yesterday was one as well, but I refrained. I could go on and on about my need for the Xanax, but there's really no point. I just know that I'm ready to move on from T&B Demolition and my departure date can not come soon enough. I just hope I have enough energy and "kick ass" left in me to give my all to Mild Bill's! I'm sure after a nice break from this madness and the excitement of moving Mild Bill's to Ennis, I'm going to be recharged and ready.


So, what about Casey Anthony being acquitted??? That was a weird one for me. It's like, everyone knew she did it, but the State of Florida didn't have enough concrete proof to prove her guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. There were so many loose ends that they couldn't tie together and in the end, she got off. Maybe if they had charged her with a lesser crime, they would have been able to convict her. No doubt, she's a piece of shit and let's all pray that she doesn't ever reproduce again. The jury had to convict according to certain rules, unlike the rest of us. And it may be that the jury members know she's guilty...but if the state didn't meet the burden of proof to convict her, then those opinions don't matter. It's just fucked up. No one will probably ever really know what happened to that little girl. Her mother more than likely got away with murder. Can you imagine being her attorney? Man....I don't know if I could live with myself. That's my pseudo-political rant for the day. I wonder what Nancy Grace is going to talk about now that the "tot mom" case is over?!?!?!?!?!?!


I made Vermicelli Salad this weekend for Saturday's potluck dinner at the West Compound. Below is the recipe:

Cadillac Cowgirl Vermicelli Salad

12 oz pkg Vermicelli, cooked and drained
1 Tbsp Accent
3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Roma Tomatoes, diced
1 Bunch Green Onions, green and white parts diced
1 Yellow or Orange Bell Pepper, diced
Salt, Pepper and Parmesan Cheese

In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients, cover and chill in the fridge for 2-4 hours. Before serving, check for seasonings and add salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/4-1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese, mix well and serve.

This is a great meatless side, or you can add shrimp to it for a light supper!

It is my wish for the day that people will learn to use tact in their everyday conversations. I know that must sound unbelievably hypocritical and self righteous coming from me, the blogger with the big mouth and uncontrollable fingers :) It's just that when you are aware of problems with your system, and rather than give someone the benefit of the doubt from the beginning, you choose to treat them as if they are in the wrong, what does that do for relations between the different entities? I guess the apology that comes at the end is appreciated...it's just the dribble in the meantime that just doesn't do anything to improve the image of certain people.

My wish for tact also applies to people with whom you work. If you've known someone for ten years and you immediately accuse them of screwing you over; yet some jackass off the street can walk in and steal you blind, and you refuse to believe that's what happened, you've got a problem. A serious, serious fucking problem. No matter how weird and crazy my life is, I'm thankful to God for giving me common sense and the luxury of living in the real world. I don't know if I could live in some of these alternate realities that so many people function in.

Oh well...no matter how bad my day is and I might have to pop a Xanax to function, I get to go home to Lord Brignon, The Juicy of Love and Deliciousness, the Secret Lovers, Gilbert Charlie Robison and my other furry creatures out in the middle of nowhere. That alone makes up for the bullshit I deal with in the real world :)

I weigh in tomorrow.....fingers are crossed for a positive outcome. I'm still loving my Couch to 5k....and my husband that stalks me on his golf cart while drinking a beer!!!

Spreading morose bullshit in addition to joy and kindness today.......

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment