Monday, January 31, 2011

The Return of Conversations with Paige, FOOD, 10th Annual Gingerbread House CCO and Other Ramblings......

Good Morning!!! Is everyone ready for the storm of the century??? You want to know how I get ready? I take my camera and go hang out at Walmart and take pictures of everyone buying bottled water, firewood, Hamburger Helper and frozen pizzas. Oh - and the line for GAS!!! You would think that we are going to be iced and snowed in for WEEKS! I did my Walmart shopping early yesterday morning and bought NORMAL things...LOL!

I had so much fun at Rahr Brewery Saturday - especially since I won. And beat my husband! And went to Joe T's afterwards!! There were 66 cooks Saturday and it was HOT! Thank GOD I had a tank top on underneath my shirt - I was able to strip down to it and keep cool! My tattoos didn't think it was too funny. I didn't have any sunscreen to put on my arms and back so my cowgirl, and my skulls, and my peacock, and my owls and butterflies got a little pink. Ooops! They survived....I'm getting them ready for the river this summer. Hell Yeah! I don't have my list of winners with me, but Steph Brockman got 2nd, Joel Sexton got 3rd, Nancy Hewlett, Bill Lester, Beth Moon, Ron Barnes, Kenny Short, Joe McCarty and Lisa Brown all placed. As I mentioned, we went to Joe T's afterwards and had Margaritas while we were standing in line so we were pretty happy by the time we sat down (not to mention we'd been drinking beer all day!) and the food tasted just like it always does - DELICIOUS! By the time I got home, I was BEAT and ready for bed. I also missed my puppies - so we had lots of private time!

Any news from the CASI BOD meeting that took place this past weekend? I wisely stayed away so as not to make my blood pressure spike unnecessarily. I recently resigned from the committee I've been serving. I felt that as an owner of a business that sponsors CASI and is so closely linked to CASI (Mild Bills not T & B), it was just too much of a conflict of interest. Secondly, I'm sick of listening to bickering for the sake of bickering. And third, I really feel like these committees are a way to keep arguing. If we have rules, then why do we have a rules committee to decide if a rule was broken? CASI has policies in place; why do we keep forming committees (with board members on it) to pontificate and argue about the policies. Is it because people wouldn't have anything to do if they couldn't argue about CASI? Until CASI realizes that it has too many cooks in the kitchen (pun intended) nothing is ever going to be solved; or change, or improve.

Okay, enough for today. Like I said, no reason to rile me up if you don't have to.

Back to my dogs. Eddie is a humping machine. He will not leave Waylon alone. They both take turns as the "humper" and "humpee", but I'm telling you, Eddie is ready to reproduce. So, Paige and I are in the bathroom getting ready for bed last night and Eddie is all over Waylon. The ensuing conversation goes a little something like this:

Me: Paige, quit watching them. Don't give them anymore attention. Maybe they'll stop.
Paige: But it's just so funny. Look at Eddie on Waylon's back. He's like, riding him or something. (or as Paige with no top teeth says, "sumfing")
Me: I know, I know. Just IGNORE them.
Paige: But I can't. They follow me around and do it in front of me. Mommy, why do they do that to each other?
Me: (clearly exasperated at my dogs who won't stop humping and my child who is fascinated by it) Because they're friends. They love each other; that's how they play.
Paige: Can I start playing with my friends like that? So they'll know I love them?
Me: NO! NO, NO, NO! GO! Out, out, out of the bathroom all of you!!!

Please, I beg of all my friends. Should you see my child humping another kid in an effort to show affection, please yank her off of said kid and bring her to me so that I can lock her up until she's 21 :) Thank you!

The 10th Annual Gingerbread House CCO is taking place this weekend at the Ellis County Expo Center. Gates open at 10 am Friday morning for early arrivals. Plenty of dry camping/RV parking available; no hook ups. Friday night stew and cornbread dinner, plus FREE BEER, for the cooks along with an 8 pm chili turn in (grind only). Saturday we will have CASI Chili, Junior Chili, Novice/Local Chili and Beans - all turn in at 1pm (grind only). All chili cooks will receive free admission to the benefit barn dance Saturday evening. Sunday's turn in is at noon (grind only), giving everyone plenty of time to get home for the Super Bowl. We will have a 1st Place Stove Friday and Saturday, as well as a raffle stove on Saturday and 10 Liquor Baskets and a Starbucks Gift Basket to auction off. This is a fantastic cook off to get your points towards Terlingua! Please bring throwdown chili for the concession stand and your own tables. Indoor cooking is available as well!

I'm going to try my hand at Chicken Piccata this week - I'll share the recipe if all goes well :) I also bought ingredients for Spaghetti and Meatballs. I'm going to make my meatballs a little differently than usual, so we'll see.....

Have a wonderful Monday! I'm going to work at spreading my own special brand of kindness and joy!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment