Monday, January 24, 2011

Yes, I Suck at Blogging, Food of Love, and The Juicy

Good Monday Morning! I'm willing today to be better than last Friday, which sucked ass. I was supposed to get a sonogram this morning, but I decided that I'd rather go to the office and expose myself to the bullshit at T & B than expose myself to my doctor. Go figure. I've also started crawfishing on my insistence that my innards be ripped out. I'm just weird like that.

Paige and I cooked chili this weekend in Denton at Fosters and had a GREAT time! The weather was gorgeous, the shopping was great and it was just a fun time! Below are the results:

Foster's Western Wear Coming up Tough Pod CCO
27 Chilis

1. Delora Goin
2. Ron Baker
3. TJ Cannon
4. Kelly Brignon
5. Stephanie Brockman - Qualified!!
6. Tina Barnes
7. Tom Dozier
8. Johnnie Sullivan
9. Ron Barnes
10. Morris "Mossman" Moss

Can I get a Hell Yeah for the Ellis Co folks that placed??? I was so tickled for Ron Baker.

I felt like I needed a date night Saturday, but I quickly changed my mind the longer I drove. Paige and I stopped at Eatzi's and got a rotisserie chicken dinner for all of us. It was delicious and I was in bed by 9 pm. I drank some wine, watched a little SATC and relaxed. Sunday was a good day, too. I got up, made breakfast for the family, cleaned my house, did laundry, got the Christmas tree out of the house and stuff off of the porch, watched the Packers beat the Bears, the Steelers beat the Jets and prepared, for the very first time, a homemade pot pie. A pot pie of love, actually. It was so easy and it came out perfect. I had leftover sauteed green beans and broccoli from Eatzi's to serve with it. Below is the recipe:

Cadillac Cowgirl Beef and Mushroom Pot Pie

2 9" Pie Crusts
1 1/4 lb Chuck Roast, diced into bite size pieces
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/4 - 1/2 Cup Milk
1 Package Onion Soup Mix (or any variation, like beefy mushroom, etc)
1/4 Cup Each Diced Potatoes, Carrots, Mushrooms and Onions
Red Wine (to drink and cook with!)
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Egg, beaten, plus a Tbsp of water
Salt and Pepper

Preheat the oven to 375. Spray and flour the bottom and sides of a 9x9 pie plate or 9x9 square casserole pan and lay one of the pie crusts in the bottom and press up about halfway up the side; place it in the oven and allow the bottom crust to prebake for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom; set aside. In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil and brown the bite size pieces of chuck roast; salt and pepper them and set them aside to drain. In the same skillet, add the diced veggies and use some of the red wine to deglaze the bottom of the skillet. Turn the heat to low, lightly salt and pepper the veggies and saute them over low heat until they are tender. In the meantime, add the mushroom soup, the package of onion soup mix, 1/4 cup of milk, and using the mushroom soup can, 1/4 can of red wine. Heat until bubbly; then add the sauteed veggies to the mix and combine. If the mixture looks a little too thick, add a bit more milk - you don't want it thin and runny though. Spread the diced chuck roast on the prebaked pie crust and then add the soup and vegetable mix, stir to combine. Lay the remaining pie crust directly over the top of the meat, soup and veggies and press the crust along the sides. Brush the top with beaten egg and using a fork, poke holes in the top crust to allow the steam to escape. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until the top crust is brown and the filling is bubbly. Allow to sit for a few minutes, then serve! Enjoy your Food of Love!!

I know I've fallen down on the blogging job - there's just been so much going on AND it's year end. I will endeavor to be better this week :)

As I mentioned earlier, Paige went to Denton with me Saturday and we had lots of MommyBaby private time. She started her morning out with a Caramel Creme Frapuccinno and a donut, because I like to see my kid cracked out on sugar. She also tried on almost everything in the kids department at Fosters as she didn't want anything that didn't make her look "hot". She also picked out a pair of pink and black Zebra boots that she wore yesterday to Walmart. She went with her dad, who wore overalls. I stayed home and drank like a smart person :) She also doesn't understand why she should have to use her money at Game Stop when she's with her dad and he has money. She's spoiled rotten....just as she should be!

Have a great day...I hope to be back tomorrow spreading all kinds of joy and kindness!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment