Sunday, January 16, 2011

Rainy Sunday....My Kinda Day.....

It has been raining in Ellis Co. since early this morning and I love it. Granted, my yard is under water, but it's peaceful and quiet and I'm enjoying it. I've got a pork loin in the oven and if all turns out well, I'm going to share the recipe. I seared the pork loin in my dutch oven, threw in cut up new potatoes, carrots and pearl onions and then poured a mixture of honey, Worcestershire sauce, stone ground mustard and horseradish over it. I'm going to cook it in the oven for a few hours and then serve it with homemade yeast rolls and sauteed spinach. The season premiere of Big Love is tonight so I hope we can eat dinner and get settled in just in time. Gary bought everything to make hot fudge sundaes tonight, too. Yum!

Gary, Mark, Vicki and I cooked chili yesterday in Plano. It wasn't looking good there for awhile. Gary and I forgot his chili pot and my bean pot. I set my propane holder thingy on fire and scorched my chili. It was turning out to be one of "those" days. But I think Gary and his lucky weenie turned it around for us. I bet you are scared to ask, right? I would be too...but it's not that bad. He just took a hot dog and stuck it in the fly of his pants and roasted it over the fire we had going. Oh, and he chased Neta Rohr with it....nothing too perverted. Hey - it was typical chili cook off behavior! Here are the winners of yesterday's cook off:

Plano American Legion - 39 chilis

1. Steph Brockman
2. Kelly Brignon - QUALIFIED
3. Gary Brignon
4. Mike Rider...but he didn't sign his ticket so I think he's sort of screwed
5. Dave Lefler
6. Bob Pulliam
7. Paul Seastrunk
8. Harvery West
9. Ryan Hunter
10. Dale Reineker

Beans - 20 beans

1. Vicki Sanders
2. Mack Walker
3. Steph Brockman

Congrats to everyone who placed! It was cold and yucky but we all had a good time! Courtney cooked for the first time in ages and got final table - Hell Yeah! She and I left early, went to Wing Stop and got wings for the BIG GAME! It was a divided household yesterday....love for Ray Lewis, love for Troy Polomalu....there were some tense moments. My neighbors are HUGE Steeler fans and they had a houseful yesterday. Thank God they won...I would have had to call for a welfare check if they hadn't :)

Tomorrow I have to really get down to business on closing our year and getting everything to the CPA. Once that is done, I'll be concentrating on organizing all of my plans and ideas for Mild Bills and spending more time in Bulverde until the big move to Ellis Co.! On top of all that, I have to get ready for our cook off in a few weeks. This is the 10th Annual Gingerbread House CCO and we've got liquor baskets to raffle, a stove and of course a great cook off to come to for the weekend!

Have a wonderful Sunday and I'll be back tomorrow spreading lots of joy and kindness :)

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment