Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ramblings...

Hello Tuesday! It took me awhile to get going today, but here I am, fully functioning at 1:39 pm. My peak times of production are between 11 am and 3 pm. That's when I am my most productive and make my best decisions. My tattoos have been done in the afternoon....my marriages and procreation decisions have been made in the evenings....hahahaha. Just kidding...really. Well, maybe not about the tattoos, cause they are pretty bad ass, if I do say so myself!

So, the countdown to Paige's Annual Halloween Bash has begun. She's so excited and can't wait to dress up as the Queen of Hearts. I've got my food planned and my mom is finishing up on last minute party items. Bubba and his friends are responsible for the spooky hayride at the back of the property. We hang up skulls and ghouls from the tree limbs and have a fog machine. The boys wear masks and run around with chainsaws....just like good little rednecks. I'm also going to let the kids bob for apples, beat a Skull Pinata and have a mummy making contest. They also get to decorate their own pumpkins and make a Halloween necklace. The weather is supposed to be great Saturday, so it looks like this may go off without a hitch. Say it ain't so!

I've got my TICC grocery menu ready. I'm making breakfast casseroles and chorizo and egg breakfast tacos while we're there. I'm also going to make Jalapeno Ranch Sour Cream Dip (Courtesy of Mild Bills!) and pastrami cheese ball...which is freakin delicious. I think I'm going to marinate and freeze two steaks and take two potatoes in the event Gary and I tire of chicken and shrimp on a stick while there. I know, I know...this is not going to be a very Jenny Craig friendly week, but I'm going to try very hard to not veer too far off of my plan. I've got a perfect spot in the toy hauler for my wine...it's like a mini wine and liquor cabinet. The boxes fit perfectly! We're really good to go for the most part...now it's the old hurry up and wait game!

I knocked Paige upside the head yesterday - on accident. The wind was blowing like a son of a bitch and it blew the back door out of my hand and knocked her down. Poor baby...she has a bruise on her forehead. The knot is gone, but it's still purple. I can't wait to find out what she tells the people at school. I hope I don't get a surprise visit from CPS in the near future. My little half bat/half girl gets her 1st quarter report card on Friday. I'm excited to see her grades. She's been doing really well in school and loves her teacher. She's such a smart little girl! (And a smart ass, too!!!)

I guess I'll get back to work. I've still got an hour left in my window of productivity. It's amazing how much I can get done in four hours when I really want to :0)

Keep it real, folks!

Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it is going to be a blast! I wish we could make it!

    ReplyDelete