Monday, October 11, 2010

Roasted Garlic Tilapia with Mustard Glaze

Easy, easy, easy!!!! And healthy (or "healfy" if you're toothless like Paige!), too!!! You can actually use any fish; the Tilapia works well because it's cooks quicker as it's not a very meaty fish. Serve this with roasted potatoes or couscous and a salad for a very easy and quick meal!

Cadillac Cowgirl Roasted Tilapia with Mustard Glaze

4 Tilapia Filets
4 Tablespoons Stone Ground Mustard, divided
1 Teaspoon each Salt, Pepper, and Chopped Fresh Thyme, divided
1 Tablespoon Chopped Garlic, divided (I used the jarred kind for this)
Olive Oil

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle olive oil in a large baking dish so that the Tilapia doesn't stick. Place the Tilapia in the baking dish and using a basting brush (or the back of a spoon or spatula), brush each filet with 1 Tablespoon of mustard. Top each filet with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, and chopped Thyme. Sprinkle the Tablespoon of chopped garlic evenly over the filets. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork. I served this last night with Couscous (the easiest side dish ever - takes 5 minutes) and a salad. Easy, healthy and delicious!!!

Speaking of toothless Paige, she has standardized testing this week. When I talked to her about it last night and explained that she would be going to bed early this week so that she could get plenty of rest, she said to me:

"But I'm not good at testes."

Yes, she pronounced it just like you think she did. My mom and I had to turn our heads so that she wouldn't see us giggling. She also told her dad this morning that she wasn't good at taking testes. He looked at me and told me to "do something about that." Aahhh...little girls and the inevitable hell they will put their daddies through.....

So, Ellis Co. had a great time at the Thousand Trails Whitney CCO this past weekend. Vicki and I got into Mark's Tanqueray and had a jolly good time. Saturday night, though, I wussed out and went to bed at 9:30. I was beat. My delicious chili didn't even make final table Saturday!!! That's okay, my even more delicious chili tied for 1st on Sunday and I got 2nd. Yeah!! I finally nabbed some points. I was pretty excited! Gary and my dad went on a Harley ride Saturday and had a great time. My dad stayed the night and had dinner with all of us. As usual, it was a feast of delicious food...steaks, potatoes, salad...and lots of cocktails! Congrats to everyone who placed this weekend...Ellis Co. cleaned up once again. Hell Yeah!!

Paige and I will be taking a MommyBaby trip in the tee tiny trailer this weekend. I'm running the Cleburne CCO and she and I are going to camp out in my trailer. She's excited and I think we'll have a good time. I'll buy some hot chocolate for her and maybe bring a few Halloween books to read to her! The Tickle Monster, aka Babs, will be there, too. She loves Babs...last year, she hung out in her motorhome with Doodie and watched TV. She's such a hoot. This will be the first time I've taken it out since it's remodel and I really can't wait. I think I'm going to replace the air mattress with a real mattress and put my feather topper on it. I've got enough wood flooring left over from the house and I plan to put it down in there. The carpet in my trailer is fine, so I'm not in a big hurry to do it. I've also decided, again, to use the parts from one of my Scotty trailers to redo the one in really good shape. I'd like to start on that soon. I already have 3 chili points...if I can qualify in the next month, then I can take the winter off to refurb the Scotty. I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

Have a great Monday!! I'll be back tomorrow. In the meantime, spread some kindness and joy, will ya??

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment