Friday, October 22, 2010

Adventures In Food

Let me start off today by saying this:

"Hey mommy, my little puppy is showing off his muff."

Paige is playing one of her DS games and she's created her own puppy. Apparently, he too likes to roll on his back and expose himself like Waylon. I love my child.

Okay, back to the topic...adventures in food. I hate, hate, hate the word "diet". I think that no matter how wonderful your intentions may be, or how strong willed you may be, you incorporate that word into your daily vocabulary and you are doomed to fail. I am, at least. The minute I say I'm "dieting", I begin craving bad foods that I normally don't even eat. I know it's a mind game, but still, I have yet to succeed on any diet I've ever been on. South Beach - I love it, I can go without pasta, but all of the meat kills my pancreas. Weight Watchers is a really great plan, but I'm lazy and if I have to count and think for myself, I'm doomed. Nutrisytem is just about the nastiest food I've ever had and MediFast really isn't that healthy considering the rapid weight loss that comes with it.

So what did I go and do? I joined Jenny Craig. Yep, I'm typing it for the blogosphere to read - I've joined 1-800-Jenny20....LOL!! You want to know the shocking thing? The food is actually really good. I'm not shy about my love for the turkey burger. JC has one. Before I ate it today, I wondered aloud what type of assault Jenny Craig had committed against my normally delicious turkey burger. There was no cheese...or mayo. I opened it up, followed the heating instructions, added the BBQ sauce and some lettuce from my salad and bit into it. It was delicious! I swear to God! Would I lie about food...especially my beloved turkey burger? It was on a whole wheat bun and even after nuking it, it wasn't soggy, rubbery or gross. I was impressed. I'm not eating my dinner selection tonight because I have fish fry tickets....priorities, of course. But, I'm looking forward to this week's food and staying on track. Nothing is forbidden, I can still drink (can't do that on South Beach) and the food is good. That's all I can ask for, right? Jenny Craig obviously focuses on portion controlled, low fat and low calorie meals. When you take the "thinking" aspect out of it for me, I tend to succeed. I've committed myself to dropping 72 pounds. Think I can do it? Watch me!!!!!!

That's my exciting (for me at least) news for the week. Staying home and doing nothing this weekend has never sounded so good. I need to get ready for TICC and get my breakfast casseroles put together and in the freezer. Speaking of TICC:

VEGGIE CUTTERS NEEDED - 9 AM IN THE JUDGING PAVILION - BRING YOUR KNIVES AND CUTTING BOARDS!!

BREAKFAST AND BLOODY MARYS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!

The more we have, the faster it goes!! Come have fun with chili cooks, booze and sharp knives :0) A winning combination, no doubt!

Good luck to the Rangers tonight! I'd love to see them win the series at home in front of their fans! We'll be taking our fish to go and heading to the KJT to watch the game. We had an opportunity to go to the game, but that just didn't sound very appealing to me. Crowds, noise, traffic...uh NO!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Spreading my own special brand of kindness and joy.....

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment