Friday, October 15, 2010

Conversations with Paige, Part II

This morning, Eddie and Waylon were playing in the bathroom after Paige took her shower. I know I've been forthcoming about Eddie and Waylon's "relationship"! They are both in need of a girlfriend and they aren't shy about practicing their moves on each other. The following conversation took place:

Paige: Mommy, look at Eddie and Waylon.
Me: Yep, they're crazy.
Paige: Why are they doing that?
Me: Because they love each other and they're silly.
Paige: Are they doing a love dance?
Me: Sure...they're doing the tango.
Paige: If you ask me, they don't like like lovers; they look one giraffe on the back of another giraffe.

I didn't have anything to say in response. All I could do was witness the madness and laugh with her!

I was proud of me and The P this morning. We got up early, got dressed and ready in a timely manner and were able to go through McDonalds for a biscuit. She was even EARLY to school!! How's that for a great start to the day?

The Cowgirl Cadillac had some paint work done yesterday and all I can say is thank God I'm not trying to establish a career that requires any type of artistic talent. I can't decide whether my handwriting looks like a serial killer or a 5 year old's. It's not horrible....but it sure isn't great! I'm thinking about painting over it this afternoon and covering up my embarrassing artwork. Maybe if I paint some flowers around some of it, people will be distracted by the pretty flowers and won't focus on the scary writing. Just a thought.

I've got a few meal ideas for Sunday. I'm either going to roast a chicken with root veggies (I think that will turn out better than the pork roast) or make chicken and dumplings. I'll be in Cleburne all weekend, so I won't get home Sunday till around 4 pm. I'll need to make up my mind quickly so that I can go to the store tonight and already have everything available to me when I get home Sunday afternoon.

Have a great weekend wherever you are and whatever you're doing! The weather is going to be beautiful and there are a lot of great cookoffs going on this weekend. I hope to see some of you in Cleburne Saturday and Sunday....always a great cook off!

Spreading joy and kindness no matter what.......

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment