Friday, August 6, 2010

On the Road Again......

We're leaving early in the morning for Gruene - Woo Hoo!!! Two full days of toobing, relaxing, good eatin...what more can you ask for? Bubba's birthday is Sunday and we're going down there to celebrate. It's sort of a combo bday celebration/family vacation...that we will be repeating in a month when we go down for mine and Zoe's bday and family vacay! We like to practice :)

Sooo...Bubba turns 16 on Sunday. I feel so old!!! I remember when he was just this quiet little boy. Now he's a tall smart ass just like his daddy (except his daddy is short..hahahaha)!!! But we love him that way! He's such a good kid and a good Bubba to the girls. We're taking him to Ruth's Chris in Austin Saturday night for dinner. I could totally see him living in Austin. He's so laid back all the time. He would like the atmosphere down there.

Not a whole lot going on in the land of Kelly right now. Work's been steady/busy...which is great. Our lawn mower broke - again - so it looks like we live in a forest. Don't buy Cub Cadet - piece o'shit. Paige lost another tooth and looks like a little snaggletoof and school starts in a week and a half. I forgot to go to school this week to pay fees, tuition, etc and I told my mom, "Great. I'm beginning this school year as inept as I ended last year." I'll get up there in a few days and I've also got to pick up her uniforms. At least I ordered them in a timely manner. As much as I love St. Joseph and the education and the people, I've really struggled this summer with whether or not I want to keep her there. There are school districts nearby that are small and she would still be in the same size class and would have access to FFA, school sports, etc. I'm just not sold on public schools now and there are a lot of things Paige gets at St. Joseph that I'm not sure she'd get in a public school. Something I love about St. Joseph is the religion she gets each day. Paige loves Jesus and has such a sweet heart. I know I could take her to church every Sunday and she'd get it there, but I really do love that it's a part of her day. I know she likes it, too. She's been going to her bedroom in the evenings and praying for Sister Lucy before she goes to bed. She's such a sweet, precious child.

I finally registered Gary and I for the GP Meeting. I sent in our paperwork last week and made our hotel reservations. I had forgotten to register, though, so I did that today. I've got a lot of questions to ask those running for the Board. I'm looking forward to voting on the proposals that Jim Ezell presented to the BOD and I really hope the GP's vote to pass them.

Other than that, same ol, same ol around here. It's quiet tonight - the puppies went to the puppy hotel. It's kind of boring without them around wrestling with each other, stealing the girls' panties and just getting into all kinds of mischief!!

Have a great weekend everyone. I'm looking forward to relaxing and having a great time with Gary and the kids. The girls are super excited and I know we're all going to have a great time.

I'll be back Tuesday spreading my brand of kindness and joy. Good night :o)

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment